Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#551695  by Patrick A.

Hello All,
We're quite lucky on this board to have several employees working for Metro-Norh who regularly post and answer all the questions us foamers and to quote Dutch "mindless commuters" have. I was just wondering if those employees wouldn't mind putting up their position on the railroad and/or what line you work on. I think it might help new folks direct questions more towards the people who might know the answers. Not asking for names, just your position only if you feel comfortable.

Thanks guys for all the work you do,
Patrick
"Mindless Commuter and Foamer from Milford" :P

P.S. If the mods think I'm off my rocker, then delete this thread.
 #551706  by MNRR_RTC

I am a rail traffice controller. I work the Hudson and had worked the New Haven in the past.
 #551745  by DutchRailnut

Engineer out of Danbury, qualified all 4 lines and 2 out of 3 branches.
Former M of E foreman in Danbury/Brewster/Harmon
Former M of E electrician in Brewster/North White Plains and Harmon
Last edited by DutchRailnut on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #551797  by Noel Weaver

Retired engineer, Conrail but worked for Metro-North 1983 to 1987 when I gave up my rights and returned to Conrail, and moved out of New York City to the Albany area. Worked Metro-North territory for many years before 1983. At one time was
qualified on all Metro-North territory except Croton to Poughkeepsie, Dyke to Wassaic and Derby Junction to Waterbury.
I ran freight trains on the Beacon Line between Derby Junction and Beacon in the 70's when Penn Central ran a job out of
Oak Point to Selkirk using that route.
I had 41 years on the railroad at the time of my retirement in October, 1997. Have lived in Fort Lauderdale ever since.
Noel Weaver
 #551866  by Erie-Lackawanna

Operations Planning. Previously, Customer Service and, a looooong time ago, director at Interlocking Station "U".

Jim
 #552647  by Clean Cab

Engineer and on and off again Operations Manager and Road Foreman. I mainly work and operate trains on the New Haven Line. But in my current position (Special Duty System Road Foreman) I have to work all three lines and branch lines. I've also been involved with the design of the upcoming M8s (operators cab).

John
 #553526  by MTASUPT

Superintendent of Operations, former Rail Traffic Controller and a person who likes to see all take an interest in making it work and work together.
 #553710  by Yank

Locomotive engineer out of Danbury. Qualified three lines and two out of three branches. I gave up Waterbury, but I might get it back when Danbury goes signals. Manual block is easier on the ears.
 #553853  by Patrick A.

Penn Central wrote:
Jayjay1213 wrote:Last person on the engineers roster :-D
I held that spot on Metro-North's very first engineer roster in 1983. I went into the training department in 1989 and retired in 2006 with 35 years of service.
And I always thought you were RTC, just goes to show. Thanks guys for all the responses and once again thanks for all the work you guys do.

Patrick