Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Clean Cab

Ask him about his picture collection!!!
  by MTACOP

Former MTA Metro North police officer, until 1998 when we became MTAPD. Currently enjoying the good life patrolling the New Haven.
  by SignalBoy

Don't answer much posts, but I'm a Signal Maintainer with Metro North in the Bronx.. :-)
  by Reese

a non-operating type
Rare poster but daily reader of this forum
  by Erie-Lackawanna

<snicker>
  by MAPPER

frequent reader, bur hardly ever post because I don't want to interject into the vast knowledge base already in attendence

But since you asked...

ConnDOT, Office of Rail Operations, Mechanical section. I manage capital rolling stock programs and deal with various equipment maintenance issues. Current project roster: M2 CSR, BL20 manufacture, M4 CSR planning, spec development for GP40 and P40 overhauls.

Patrick - I see the reference to ConnDOT being worse than Massport. Can you be more specific? Maybe its something I have some insight into.
  by 74volts

Hello All!

I am a new hire with MNRR. I started three weeks ago and am currently in training as a M of E electrician. I've been in Harmon, but come Monday I will be spending a week in New Haven. This is after ten and a half years with CSX.

Mike
  by MNRR_RTC

74volts wrote:Hello All!

I am a new hire with MNRR. I started three weeks ago and am currently in training as a M of E electrician. I've been in Harmon, but come Monday I will be spending a week in New Haven. This is after ten and a half years with CSX.

Mike
Congratluations and good luck to you.
  by MNConductor

Conductor for 4 years,
qualified on all three lines, all three branches.
-Andy-
  by ChiefWrex

Conductor on all 3 lines. Been here for 1 year. And Jayjay is my engineer.
  by Clean Cab

MAPPER wrote:frequent reader, bur hardly ever post because I don't want to interject into the vast knowledge base already in attendence

But since you asked...

ConnDOT, Office of Rail Operations, Mechanical section. I manage capital rolling stock programs and deal with various equipment maintenance issues. Current project roster: M2 CSR, BL20 manufacture, M4 CSR planning, spec development for GP40 and P40 overhauls.

Patrick - I see the reference to ConnDOT being worse than Massport. Can you be more specific? Maybe its something I have some insight into.

Could you fill us in on the CSR project for the M4s and the P40 overhauls such as when they'll happen and how thorough they will be?
  by FL9AC

currently an M of E electrician working on the Hudson Line...was previously on the New Haven Line
  by MAPPER

[quote]Could you fill us in on the CSR project for the M4s and the P40 overhauls such as when they'll happen and how thorough they will be?[/quote]

I can try to, it's not all that clear to me. As far as the M4 CSR, both sides seem to have finally concluded that something needs to be done with the fleet. Now we're working through financial and material issues. And a decision needs to be made about doing a thorough program vs fix the highest priority problems and buy more M8s.

And the P40 overhaul has not been deemed a financial priority. We're all cutting back. Sorry to say.
  by oddball

I'm a ticket seller on the new haven line.
  by MNR's #1 Conductor

I am a conductor, qualified on all 3 lines and the Danbury and New Canaan Branches, and have been so for 5 years, 2 months, 1 week, and counting, coupled to 5 1/2 years as a conductor for NYC Transit previously before coming more outdoors, and presently infecting the New Haven Line, but I am a guy on the move, and I go everywhere!! :-D
Last edited by MNR's #1 Conductor on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.