• CSX Track Upgrades & Infrastructure of Pan Am

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by F74265A

Chux videos show cwr has been dropped a while ago around Leeds jct area and I think others too. I think I saw prefab turn outs stacked near Leeds also. So at least some materials are staged for rigby- Waterville work
  by BM6569

F74265A wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:24 pm Chux videos show cwr has been dropped a while ago around Leeds jct area and I think others too. I think I saw prefab turn outs stacked near Leeds also. So at least some materials are staged for rigby- Waterville work
CWR has been dropped on the main from Waterville past downtown Auburn
  by CN9634

New switches have been stashed track side all the way through Depot Rd in Gray since early this year… just waiting on crews to work west for install
  by bostontrainguy

Hurricane Lee might really mess up Maine and CSX's plans.
  by MEC407

According to the Maine weather report I watched at noon today, the hurricane itself is now predicted to just graze the very easternmost tip of Downeast Maine near the New Brunswick border; however, most of southern and central Maine is still predicted to get wind in the 40 to 60 MPH range, so fallen trees and power outages are still possible and could be annoying to CSX in terms of trees on the tracks, snapped crossing arms, signal outages, etc.
  by F74265A

To have direct interchange with the Irving owned railroads and move traffic to and from the maritimes without relying on CP as a middle man
  by rustyrails

Just saw what I assume the M426 although I thought I heard L 0048, get a form D from CP45 to Burncoat. It was stacked with a lot of rail heading north. I'm not sure where it's heading.
  by Douglasphil

L048 is the job symbol for the crew that used to be the Worcester switcher Y120 . They are now classed as a local job and spend their day being driven around recrewing and advancing road trains like 426/427 and 436 .
  by rustyrails

Thanks for that information. Now I understand things better. Is that why I don't hear Y120 anymore?
  by F74265A

Yard in keag? I’ve seen video of cwr dropped by all 3 tracks and of installing it on at least 2 so far
  by hillsboyro

Anyone know of any trackwork at Iron Horse? Will they be keeping it as some sort of shop?