• CSX Track Upgrades & Infrastructure of Pan Am

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by neman2

As would be expected District 3 dispatcher now ID's as "B&E Dispatcher"

No other radio changes heard by me.

One thing I have noticed is that since D1 took over the Worcester Line I hear them from my location better than I used to hear D3 when he was in control. I think this may be because D3 had access to more tower locations he would use where D1 only uses ones nearby the Worcester Line.
  by F74265A

As we approach the end of the 2d construction season under csx, I’m both impressed by how much work has been done but at the same time surprised how much is left. Recent videos from Maine still show lots of cwr awaiting installation and the keag gateway is still closed, among other things, such as the not started Worcester main line clearance improvements. In the stb filing, csx planned on a 3 yr rebuild program. I’m thinking more like 4-5 at this point
  by CN9634

Keag trains will be running this fall-- have patience.

Rigby still needed a lot of attention and resources are finite. A tremendous amount of work was done as well on the Waterville to NMJ line but with little reporting from that area, it goes largely unnoticed. Work is going on out there whether its posted by railfans or not
  by F74265A

Thanks- I’m sure work is ongoing
Csx has done a ton. But I’ll still be surprised if it is all done by next year given how bad things were to start

There is cwr with what appear to be switched on the ground at Leeds jct; I see video of stretches of 10mph north of rigby and I agree that the yard, while improving, looks like a work in progress. Has anything been done in Lawrence? That yard was decrepit too
  by newpylong

See above about finite resources. They cannot literally be everywhere at once. Some areas will have to wait.
  by F74265A

Totally understand finite resources
Which is why I said I think this is a 4-5 yr project instead of the 3 stated in stb filings
  by johnpbarlow

KuBand12 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:22 pm Approx. 84 Herzog gravel cars eastbound into Voorheesville 11:52 this AM. Destination unknown.

https://youtu.be/jM-fp4pP1Ks?si=mjW1cC4ZP9e9HmgM&t=120
As important as the eb Herzog stone train may be, this video also shows at various points that work has finally commenced on CSX/NS prepping the last 50 yards or so of the RoW for the Voorheesville connection. It looks like shrubbery has been cleared and barrels are lining the buried unused connection track that is to be removed to make way for the shallower curve 25 mph connection.
  by copcars

there was a $17 million federal grant in late 2019 ,matched by PAN AM,$35 million total for 37 miles of welded rail,23 new mainline switches, crossings and bridge upgrades between NORTH YARMOUTH AND WATERVILLE,ME. does anyone know if this has been done and where did they install the welded rail.I think the mileage is ABOUT 62 miles from N YARM to waterville. This would have been a huge upgrade,especialy for PAN AM
  by newpylong

Not done, but that track really needs it. Lots of 10 south of Waterville. I suspect it will be after the Keag sub.