• CSX Mohawk river bridge at Hoffmans, NY

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by videobruce

Signal suspension begins 8:00AM Sunday the 2nd until ??

Some reroutes will be over the Susie-Q.

by videobruce

Project begins at 8am Sunday Sept.2,
Scheduled to end Monday the 3rd at 5pm.

Apparently, the only trains to be rerouted over the NYS&W are Q4 at 230p and Q156 at 11p from Belle Isle.

Q2201 should be the last train through before the suspension,
Q20 & Q90 will be held at Fonda,
Q8 & Q2202 will be held at DeWitt,
Q10 & Q18 die at DeWitt,
Q268 held Frontier 18 hrs,
Q26403 9 hrs early x Collinwood,
Q380 held Collingwood 8 hrs,
Q112, Q114, Q162, Q164 & Q26402 won't run,
Q620 held Massena 20hrs

L113 5 hrs early x Boston,
L163 3 hrs early x Selkirk,
L17, Q263, Q279, Q377 held or late x Selkirk,
Q161 8 hrs late x S Kearny,
L157, L159, Q161, Q165 & Q271 won't run,
Q377 held Selkirk 8 hrs

Most others are annulled as a "Q", but run on a "X" symbol when they can. Example: Q26202 becomes a X26203

IOW's, from Monday night through at least Tuesday, traffic should interesting.
Last edited by videobruce on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by march hare

Thanks much for the info.

Any word on why this phase took so long? The western span has been sitting on those pedestals all summer. Did it really take this long to repair the Irene damage, or did Canal Corp insist on waiting until Labor Day?
  by Noel Weaver

march hare wrote:Thanks much for the info.

Any word on why this phase took so long? The western span has been sitting on those pedestals all summer. Did it really take this long to repair the Irene damage, or did Canal Corp insist on waiting until Labor Day?
Just a guess on my part but most likely the railroad wanted to wait for a lull and a holiday weekend usually produces a lull in traffic.
Noel Weaver
  by RussNelson

sd80mac wrote:IOW?
In Other Word's (which has a misplaced apostrophe, but whatever. I'm not the queen of apostrophes, and they didn't elect me their leader, so you can abuse them as much as I want, and I'll laugh at their little pudgy bodies squirming in discomfort.)
  by lakeshoredave

I'd guess there will be a lot of late or unscheduled trains much like the day after Christmas on Monday night into Tuesday.
  by GVrooman

There were three detours over the Susie-Q this weekend, not two. Today I spotted the Q402 coming through CP BD in Binghamton at 4:00 PM. It stopped behind the Rocket Plaza on Court St., where it waited for a new crew. I took a couple of quick pictures in the rain, and a Susquehanna pickup pulled in with the new crew just as I was leaving.
  by videobruce

Tracks were back around 915pm over four hours late.
Between 12 and 16 eastbounds were waiting.
  by lakeshoredave

wow sounds like things must be very backed up. there must be numerous slow orders around there now too.
  by scharnhorst

there are slow orders all over the system. I know there is one in the Jordan/Weedsport area still can't remember if its on track 1 or 2 tho
  by roadster

Approaches and bridge is still 25 mph as it has been for the past 3 years. There are currently no slow orders around Jordan/Elbridge. A 40 mph at CP 296 was removed today and a 25 on the Seneca River bridge MP 320 has been in place for a couple weeks. You may have seen warning boards for the 2-3 work zones in the area, dismantling the remains of those signal bridges removed during the last signal switchover. Everything is back to normal op.s.