• Amtrak On-Time Performance (OTP) Delays Reroutes Annulled

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by ryanov

Today didn’t go very well for Amtrak it seems after the Nor’easter. Nothing much ran before noon on the NEC. Customer service told me 661 ran and got cancelled at Trenton, 663 was cancelled, and I eventually took 665, which was about 30 mins late.
  by STrRedWolf

Anyone know what's being worked on the NEC between BOWIE and GROVE interlockings (between MARC Bowie and Odenton stations). It's causing a ton of schedule adjustments and my regular train now runs 25 minutes later... for what may be up to six months! Ugh!
  by ThirdRail7

STrRedWolf wrote:Anyone know what's being worked on the NEC between BOWIE and GROVE interlockings (between MARC Bowie and Odenton stations). It's causing a ton of schedule adjustments and my regular train now runs 25 minutes later... for what may be up to six months! Ugh!
The undercutter is coming. I believe they are working 2 track first. At some point, they are also replacing some of the cat poles in that area by the old Bowie Racetrack Wye (MP 118-MP119). You should see the new pole foundations on the 1 track side.
  by TomNelligan

Another snowstorm shutdown tomorrow on the former New Haven end of the Northeast Corridor: Amtrak is cancelling all service between Boston and New York until at least 11 AM. Given that the storm is expected to continue until evening I expect that embargo will be extended. This one hits me personally since I had a ticket to New York on train 171 tomorrow morning, but to be honest, given the forecast I'm guessing that the commuter train that I'd be taking from my suburb into Boston will be a doubtful proposition anyway.
  by JimBoylan

From https://www.amtrak.com/alert/nec-storm-adjusments.html
Tuesday, March 13, 2018 6:45 AM ET
Third Northeast Winter Storm Impacts Train Schedules
Amtrak service will be temporarily suspended between Boston, Mass. and New York City on Tuesday, March 13, for the remainder of the day, due to inclement weather. Service will be restored pending improved conditions.
All Service, including Acela Express between New York City and Boston, Mass for Tuesday, March 13 are canceled.
Additionally, Trains 182(13) and 184(13) are canceled between Washington and New York.
Modified service for Tuesday, March 13 not operating between Albany, N.Y. and Boston, Mass., includes:
Lake Shore Limited Service: 448 and 449
Trains 55(13) and 56(13), the Vermonter is canceled between St. Albans, VT and New York, the train will run as scheduled between New York and Washington.
Canceled service for Tuesday, March 13, includes:
Acela Express Service: 2190
Northeast Regional Service: 111, 173
Amtrak Downeaster Service: 686, 687, 688, 689
Amtrak Keystone Service (New York – Philadelphia - Harrisburg), Amtrak Empire Service (New York to Albany-Rensselaer – Niagara Falls) and Amtrak Shuttle Service (New Haven, Conn., and Springfield, Mass.,) will continue to operate as scheduled.
  by lordsigma12345

NEC north of NYP now suspended for the rest of today. Vermonter added to cancellation list (truncated to NYP.) Only service now operating in New England today is partial Downeaster service and the Springfield Shuttles. Empire Corridor still running in New York.
  by TomNelligan

JimBoylan wrote: Modified service for Tuesday, March 13 not operating between Albany, N.Y. and Boston, Mass., includes:
Lake Shore Limited Service: 448 and 449
I wonder what will happen to the unfortunate souls who are already en route to Boston aboard train 48. I hope they get a (slow) bus ride from Albany, or at least overnight lodging, rather than being stranded there.
  by lordsigma12345

This was posted earlier today: Trains 174, 86 and 67 are being delayed due to the freight line being shut down temporarily for an investigation involving another train and a vehicle on the tracks near Lorton, VA. We apologize for the delay and will update when info becomes available.

Looks like the Auto Train this morning was hit by a vehicle. Person took a wrong turn onto the tracks had a side swipe with the train. Check out the picture, what a close call!

https://wtop.com/dc-transit/2018/03/amt ... a/slide/1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by WelshPete

Yesterday's train 4 departure from LA is currently about 2 hours late (at Lamy NM) with a BNSF unit leading. Anybody know which loco it is please?

Thanks
Pete
  by STrRedWolf

Even worse today. A brush fire just south of the B&P tunnels tied up the NEC for two hours until fire crews got it knocked down.

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/brush-fir ... e/19422747" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Amtrak tweeted that trains 20, 91, 92, 94, 125, 171, 2117, 2155, 2159 and 2168 were expected to be delayed.

Amtrak tweeted at 3:45 p.m. that train traffic was resuming with Train 2155 first to go through the area. The next trains through the area were 91, then 2117. The first northbound train through the area was 2168.

Amtrak tweeted at 4:12 p.m., "Some additional delays of 5-15 minutes may still occur, but traffic is now flowing steadily."
  by ohioriverrailway

49 (15) running almost 8 hours late. Lost 4 hours BUF-ERI. Ideas anyone?
25+ hours NY-CHI....first class would have been worth it!