• 2013-14 Train Show Season.

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by lvrr325

Two more shows on the season:

TTCS "Spring Into Summer"
April 13,2014
Knights Of Columbus
755 Erie Ave
N Tonawanda, NY 14120
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM

I'm going to pass, but I couldn't remember if I posted it or not.

Looks like they lost their location for the Buffalo shows (Hearthstone Manor), the October '14 and February '15 shows are date and location TBD. I'll get back into that later this year with a new thread for 2014-2015 train shows, I have dates for a few now and can educated guess some others, then you have things like Robeson's show which could be any weekend anywhere in the first three months of next year.

I do have a list made up as some shows have already posted their next date, but a lot of the info is tenative - my guesses based on the weekend a show normally falls on. I have no TCA dates as yet but just about everything else I have included on it.

Also just found this -

National Train Day & Toy Train Show---Jamestown, NY

May 10th, 2014 10:00am to 4:00pm

Former Erie - Lackawanna Station
211-217 Second St.
Jamestown, NY 14701

Free admission -
Last edited by lvrr325 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by lvrr325

umtrr-author wrote:I just found out -- yesterday -- that the Edgarton Park folks had a show in September 2013. I'm told that more people visited their O Gauge display downstairs than went to the show upstairs. I don't recall seeing any publicity for this show.
That show was listed on the first page of this thread, so I found a listing for it someplace.
  by Otto Vondrak

lvrr325 wrote:Apparently there also is a train show this weekend in Marathon as part of the Maple Festival. I didn't find out about it until Friday night. I don't know for sure but I presume it's in the station; years ago I went down for Saturday only and that's where they held it. Previous to that it had been in Cortland in the freight house.
The old station is Marathon is big, but it's not that big! How many vendor tables could you possibly stuff in there? Not more than 10, I would guess?

-otto-
  by lvrr325

There was room for a row down each side of the baggage section if I remember right. Folks would come in, make a lap around, and go back out. 10, 12 tables maybe... been too long.

For this deal it was free to set up and you had to bring your own tables. But with no trains to bring people through I don't think it would have paid for my gas to go down there.
  by The RR Authority

Alcoman wrote:
lvrr325 wrote:Attendance was down, just over 3400 - IIRC last year was almost 2000 more. Hallway was deserted at show's end, I'm thinking there was some other event there elsewhere in the complex last year, because you had to push through crowds to get to the second elevator bank.

While I sold more than last year and about the same as Syracuse, a lot of folks were saying their sales were down.

To me it says a lot though that in one day in Albany I can sell more than twice as much as in two days in Buffalo - and Buffalo did have an attendance over 5,000.
I lost money (approx-$400) on the GTE because some lowlife dealer took it upon himself to help themselves to my old rare and obscure slides. This happened on Saturday after I set up and left. To say the least, I may not return as a dealer next year but I do I will keep the slides home until Sunday. It bad enough when customer steal from you, but when a dealer does it, it means you cannot trust anyone.
Syracuse and Buffalo are a lot more economically depressed than Albany is.
  by lvrr325

Maybe time to kill this thread so it doesn't keep getting bumped up for one line replies stating the obvious and confuising people looking for current show listings.