• Wrecked MBTA Commuter Rail Equipment

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA3247

I seem to recall seeing one of the locomotive. If you dig through the NTSB archives, you might be able to find the report on the wreck, which would undoubtedly include photos.
  by CRail

I always heard stories about the locomotive coming through the street above, but only recently saw a picture of the hole in the pavement (maybe 1-2 square feet). I have no idea where I saw it, maybe on Facebook.
  by RenegadeMonster

The EGE wrote:Ask and ye shall receive.
Thanks,

The diagrams show a lot of information.

Hard to tell in the dark black and white pictures. But it looks like you can only see Amtrak equipment in the crash photos.
  by The EGE

Both of these are T equipment:

by Arborwayfan

I bought an extra Herald or Globe that day (at Charles St. Station); they both put out extras, the only time I can remember. I think the one I bought had the picture on the front page; it was basically a single sheet about the wreck wrapped around the regular edition of the paper. Only time I ever saw an extra paper. I wonder if I still have it in a box someplace.
  by RenegadeMonster

Anyone know what the deal with Cab Car 1812 is?

It's listed as out of service due to derailment damage and awaiting shipment to Delaware Car for repairs.

When did this Cab car derail? How much damage was there?
  by BostonUrbEx

There was an incident in the yard at BET involving a Rotem a while back. I don't recall the coach number involved, but I'm willing to bet that might be it.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

RenegadeMonster wrote:Anyone know what the deal with Cab Car 1812 is?

scrap it
  by GP40MC1118

The 1812, along with the 707, were involved in an incident at Southampton Street March 2015, not BET.

D
  by RenegadeMonster

What happened at Southampton Street and how much damage does 1812 have?

I'm guessing quite a bit if it's still out of service.
  by nomis

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=152589&start=600#p1354432" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RenegadeMonster wrote:What happened at Southampton Street and how much damage does 1812 have?.
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Repairs for 1812 have been tacked onto Delaware Car's outsource contract for catching up on inspections backlog of 19 Pullmans and Bombardiers. They'll do the body work on that cab after they've returned all the flats, so the damage isn't serious.
  by RenegadeMonster

1812 was attached to a set of freight cars outside of B.E.T. yesterday.

Does this mean it's being shipped out soon if not already?