• Wrecked MBTA Commuter Rail Equipment

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by AEM7AC920

The 2 locos stated are the only current accident victims don't think there were any more in the post budd car era.
  by MBTA1016

Oh I thought there would be a lot like with the cars that got wrecked
  by AEM7AC920

Why so? We haven't had many accidents on the CR and execpt for the 2 that were already stated the rest have been with the cab car in the leading position.
  by MBTA1016

AEM7AC920 wrote:Why so? We haven't had many accidents on the CR and execpt for the 2 that were already stated the rest have been with the cab car in the leading position.
Why does it always seem when there's an accident it's the cab car in front
  by alexander

1075 was damaged in its January 1996 tangle with a low-boy tractor-trailer and excavator in Wakefield. It was repaired and returned to service.

I saw 1075 pulling #217 outbound this afternoon and recalled the accident.
  by MBTA1016

Ok I read somewhere that 902 was the loco on te readville switcher
  by AEM7AC920

If you read a posts back I believe someone already said that the 902/904 were the normal engines for the readville switcher prior to the gensets entering service.
  by AEM7AC920

It has not been scrapped it has been retired and stripped after the fire but it is still in the same spot as it has been for how ever long now.