• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by chuchubob

Juniata Terminal Company's Warrior Ridge and Pennsylvania 120 are on train 43 Pennsylvanian from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh, properly appointed.
  by Train2009

Tomorrow Saturday 6/13/2015 the Dover Harbor private car will head on train #20 from Washington, DC - Union Station to New York - Penn Station then on Sunday 6/14 train #291 to Rutland, VT. The car will leave VT next Sunday June 21 on the Ethan Allen Express then the next day Monday June 22 on the Silver Star back to Washington, DC.

http://www.dcnrhs.org/a/dcnrhs.org/home ... 2015061301" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by Matt_S

Several Viewliner baggage cars were on yesterday's Chicago bound Capitol Limited out of DC, between the locomotives and the standard consist (including heritage baggage car). Heading for use on Illinois or western routes I presume...
  by F40CFan

Saw them turning the Lake Shore Limited in Chicago yesterday. It consisted of 156 (Phase 1), another P42 in Phase 5, V-II bag in Phase 3(I think it was 61007), 3 V-I sleepers, Diner Indianapolis, an A-II lounge and 5 A-II coaches all in Phase 6. Not one heritage car in the consist. Also, had most of the color schemes covered.
  by amtrak-wnd

Today's 56 north of NHV had 162-102, regular 5 car train, and 10002 (Corridor Clipper) and 10004 (American View) on the rear. This will return as 55 tomorrow.
  by jhdeasy

PV observed on the rear of train 51 (17) at ALX. My view was blocked by a late train 20 (16), but I am guessing it is BRADDOCK INN returning home to Huntington WV.
  by jhdeasy

PV photo opportunity: BABBLING BROOK on train 281 (27) from NYP to NFL, returning on train 284 (28) from NFL to NYP.
  by jhdeasy

jhdeasy wrote:PV photo opportunity: BABBLING BROOK on train 281 (27) from NYP to NFL, returning on train 284 (28) from NFL to NYP.
This movement has been cancelled.
  by lstone19

A little late but Puget Sound and Sierra Hotel were on the rear of 5-6/19 (CZ) CHI-EMY.
  by Gilbert B Norman

Observed today from "Coffee Shop with a view", Super Dome MILW 53 (Friends of 261) on rear of 381 (27), Carl Sandburg.
  by jhdeasy

Here is one thing that you will NOT be seeing anymore -- private cars switched on/off the Cardinal, trains 50/51, at Cincinnati Union Terminal.

CSX has decided that it will no longer permit the local shortline railroad to use its trackage rights over about two miles of CSX, between Queensgate Yard and Cincinnati Union Terminal, to switch PVs on/off Amtrak's Cardinal. This action by CSX has effectively killed Cincinnati as a destination for visiting PVs and as a base for active Amtrak certified PVs.

We had an enjoyable visit to Cincinnati with MOUNT VERNON in July 2008 and again in May 2012, parking on the Boathouse Track along the Ohio River adjacent to the popular Montgomery Inn restaurant. It does take awhile to fill the car's potable water tanks with a standard garden hose connected to the restaurant's spigot!
  by electricron

???How does a railroad cancel trackage rights? Did they just not extend an expiring trackage rights agreement, or did the leaser in the existing rights agreement fail to pay the lessee? Does the Surface Transportation Board have any say on the drop of available services? Any explanations out there????