• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Train2009

Train #140 had a ex Metroliner Cab Car behind of the train tonight has it was seen in New Rochele.

It was deadheaded from Washington, DC to New Haven, CT.
Last edited by Train2009 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  by DutchRailnut

in front ?? or behind engine ??
  by Train2009

DutchRailnut wrote:in front ?? or behind engine ??
I was seen behind the AEM-7.
  by hi55us

Train2009 wrote:
I'm guessing this was so the car could be dropped off with the engine change at NHV
  by Train2009

hi55us wrote:
Train2009 wrote:
I'm guessing this was so the car could be dropped off with the engine change at NHV
You are right.
  by JR4815D2

Tonight I saw a AEM-7 with a Cafe car, coach car and Ex-metroliner cab car 9800. I shot a video of the train, but not the back of it. It was around 11pm or so heading toward NYP.
  by hi55us

I happened to be in NYP today when #97 and #49 where in the house, both trains had deadhead cars behind the baggage car(Which was located at the rear of both trains). I was hopeful that I might see the viewliner diner on #49 but I had no luck :(

Both deadhead coaches where AII's
  by 20th Century Limited

The Hickory Creek will be on 49 tonight through to CHI.
  by CorenDirebrew

Imagine a Corridor Clipper or 9800 Metoliner & or Beech Grove amfleet was on The NE Regional or Keystone?

That would be weird?
  by Silverliner II

And that's where the 7-car Acela set comes into play if they splice Acela geometry car 10003 into a consist for a spin.
  by Tadman

A private car special of almost exclusively Iowa Pacific equipment is headed CHI-IND around now. It's led by AZER E8 in black widow. Interestingly, it's got no Amtrak equipment. I don't know who the crew is, but I'm curious under who's authority its operating. Usually such trains are considered Amtrak extras and have a P42 tucked in the consist, allowing them cheap coverage under Amtrak insurance.
  by Silverliner II

Tadman wrote:A private car special of almost exclusively Iowa Pacific equipment is headed CHI-IND around now. It's led by AZER E8 in black widow. Interestingly, it's got no Amtrak equipment. I don't know who the crew is, but I'm curious under who's authority its operating. Usually such trains are considered Amtrak extras and have a P42 tucked in the consist, allowing them cheap coverage under Amtrak insurance.
Bennett Levin has run his Pennsy E's and PV trains without Amtrak equipment many times, and usually as an Amtrak extra as well. Maybe this trip is a similar situation?