• Trenton Industrial Activity

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by transit383

All those boxcars that were on the Trenton Industrial, then moved to Woodbourne Yard, seem to have been moved again. They are now on a siding parallel to the Trenton Line, just east of West Trenton Station. They can also be seen from the Parkway Avenue overpass.
  by BuddSilverliner269

Hi Transit is it possible that you actually saw the boxcars on the move or a different train of boxcars and the reason why I say this is because what you see are actually 2 main line tracks.There is no siding in that area. Alil further up is CP-Wing where the 2 main tracks go to a single track. I saw those boxcars sitting in Woodbourne Yard yesterday morning when I drove by coming from Trenton.Maybe the cars were going back to sit on the Trenton Industrial and were sitting on the main while the cars were retrieving the car at Homosote and then the boxcars were going back on the industrial.
  by transit383

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:Hi Transit is it possible that you actually saw the boxcars on the move or a different train of boxcars and the reason why I say this is because what you see are actually 2 main line tracks.There is no siding in that area. Alil further up is CP-Wing where the 2 main tracks go to a single track. I saw those boxcars sitting in Woodbourne Yard yesterday morning when I drove by coming from Trenton.Maybe the cars were going back to sit on the Trenton Industrial and were sitting on the main while the cars were retrieving the car at Homosote and then the boxcars were going back on the industrial.
There was no engine on either end of that train yesterday, it was just a string of boxcars on the main. As of this morning, the cars are back in storage on the Trenton Industrial.
  by BuddSilverliner269

transit383 wrote:
BuddSilverliner269 wrote:Hi Transit is it possible that you actually saw the boxcars on the move or a different train of boxcars and the reason why I say this is because what you see are actually 2 main line tracks.There is no siding in that area. Alil further up is CP-Wing where the 2 main tracks go to a single track. I saw those boxcars sitting in Woodbourne Yard yesterday morning when I drove by coming from Trenton.Maybe the cars were going back to sit on the Trenton Industrial and were sitting on the main while the cars were retrieving the car at Homosote and then the boxcars were going back on the industrial.
There was no engine on either end of that train yesterday, it was just a string of boxcars on the main. As of this morning, the cars are back in storage on the Trenton Industrial.
Thats what Im trying to say, that it was possible that you saw the cars sitting on the main while the engine retrieved the car from Homasote(if it wasnt done already) and then shoved the cars onto the industrial track.All in all I will say that this is an interesting move , store the cars on the Tren Ind and if theres a shipment for Homosote, move the cars to WOodbourne and then put the cars back in storage.
  by trainspot

Over last weekend the boxcars were back again! And I understand they had to move them to pickup a car at Homosote today! I also noticed Sunday along the PA turnpike a long string of coil cars stored.
  by Kaback9

trainspot wrote:Over last weekend the boxcars were back again! And I understand they had to move them to pickup a car at Homosote today! I also noticed Sunday along the PA turnpike a long string of coil cars stored.
I see someone belongs to the yahoo group as well :-D . Thats ridiculous just for one customer! They had to switch out something like 40 cars to get to one!
  by trainspot

Kaback9 wrote: I see someone belongs to the yahoo group as well :-D . Thats ridiculous just for one customer! They had to switch out something like 40 cars to get to one!
Yes! I was up there over the weekend, but didn't shoot them this time. Too many freights, I guess! :wink:
  by Kaback9

4 cars and they made Q-1919 wait?! Still all for one customer!
  by BuddSilverliner269

Hey dont complain. In this day and age of railroading, small customers seem to have been forgotten so its nice to see alil extra going into getting a car to or from a customer. Besides CSX were the 1s that stuck those cars on the branch to begin with . :wink:
  by blockline4180

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:Hey dont complain. In this day and age of railroading, small customers seem to have been forgotten so its nice to see alil extra going into getting a car to or from a customer. Besides CSX were the 1s that stuck those cars on the branch to begin with . :wink:

Exactly, carload freight and small rail customers seem to be getting more and more scarce in NJ and NY, and especially on NJT owned lines and the like. So treasure it, you never know when it will all dry up for good!!
  by transit383

Boxcars are stored back on the Trenton Industrial as of yesterday morning.
  by transit383

Three locomotives on the Trenton Industrial... nice catch!
  by Kaback9

Thanks!
  by JimBoylan

They're baaaack! The boxcars are in Woodbourne Yard again, 9/30/9. There are more CSXT and less Railbox cars this time.