• Thread For Posting Heritage Unit Locations

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by njtmnrrbuff

Does anyone know if the units will be on display in NYC, perhaps at Grand Central Terminal, this spring? I know that it won't happen during Nat'l Train Day. They will be in WAS, and I will be heading down to see them. thanks.
  by Printman2000

daylight4449 wrote:
MEC407 wrote:Looks nice!
Agreed. Well, what's the plan for the final scheme? I'm assuming just touch up an old Genesis?
It will be Phase IV which is quite different from the current scheme.
  by Irishiron

njt/mnrrbuff wrote:Does anyone know if the units will be on display in NYC, perhaps at Grand Central Terminal, this spring? I know that it won't happen during Nat'l Train Day. They will be in WAS, and I will be heading down to see them. thanks.
Again, the train will tour the country with 822 and 406 in Phase 3. Don't think the schedule has been released yet.
  by njtmnrrbuff

When will we know the schedule for the train touring around the various states? Thanks.
  by DutchRailnut

When Amtrak releases the schedule, would be my best guess.
  by Ken S.

So the Museum Train is going to be
Baggage Car
Pacific Bend
Amfleet I Food Service
???
  by Amtrak207

If anyone is wondering, P42DC #156 (Phase I) is sitting @ Ivy City yard in DC right now.

-Tom
  by TAMR213

Any word if there will be a "pepsi can" repaint? Might look pretty interesting on a P42.
  by DutchRailnut

no, only the 4 genesis ( #145 - 156 - 822 - 184) and one F40 #406 dummy (hep only)
  by Tadman

Erik, you won't see a Pepsi repaint for the 500's, but there's one running around. Sort of. Last week I was watching a 500 drilling cars at 14th in Chicago, and the unit was in Phase IV like most 500s. The air conditioner, however, was still in Pepsi-can look. So, for about 4sq feet, we still have a Pepsi-can running around.
  by Matt Johnson

Printman2000 wrote:And a pic...

Somehow I think that works really well on the P42! Might be my favorite among the Heritage units!
  by Otto Vondrak

njt/mnrrbuff wrote:Does anyone know if the units will be on display in NYC, perhaps at Grand Central Terminal, this spring? I know that it won't happen during Nat'l Train Day. They will be in WAS, and I will be heading down to see them. thanks.
Amtrak does not run into Grand Central Terminal.

njt/mnrrbuff wrote:When will we know the schedule for the train touring around the various states? Thanks.
Amtrak will not be keeping the schedule of special events a secret, either. Watch their web site for details, or this thread...
  by Otto Vondrak

TAMR213 wrote:Any word if there will be a "pepsi can" repaint? Might look pretty interesting on a P42.
It's no secret, if you read back in the thread you'll learn what paint schemes are planned. Pepsi-can is not one of them.

Here's a short story I wrote about Amtrak's repaints:

http://railfan.com/extraboard/rf_extra_apr2011.php

-otto-