• The Honorary Nonsense 7277 Sideswipe Where's Cruiser Thread

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by ACeInTheHole

If i have to hit something, im hitting the dirt and then letting the toro hit whatever it wants (obviously i will ensure that I warn anyone in front of it as its rolling if someone is in fact in front of it so whatever it hits wont include people..).
  by MBTA1016

Make sure when u bail the back tires don't run over ur foot. Lol
  by ACeInTheHole

Mbta fan wrote:Make sure when u bail the back tires don't run over ur foot. Lol
Id only try to catch it if i could devise a way to stop it lol.. It doesnt have brakes, if there isnt somewhere i can roll it with the steering that will give it room to roll to a stop, theres no point in trying to catch it.
  by MBTA1016

Better idea is bail out and let it hit a big enough rock that will flip it.
  by Backshophoss

I take it there's no "on site "mechanic?! Parking brake "barely" works?!?! :(
1 TURN OFF the motor!
2 FORCE SHIFT the trans into 1st or Reverse!
3 TOW it to a Toro Dealer for a Brake Job or TRADE IN!!! :wink:
  by ACeInTheHole

Backshophoss wrote:I take it there's no "on site "mechanic?! Parking brake "barely" works?!?! :(
1 TURN OFF the motor!
2 FORCE SHIFT the trans into 1st or Reverse!
3 TOW it to a Toro Dealer for a Brake Job or TRADE IN!!! :wink:
Yep.. you can actually push it quite easily with the parking brake on. it resists you a litle, but like I said, you park it o a hill even with the parking brake you better be prepared to go catch it cuz that suckers gonna roll. Were waiting for it to die.. I dont think its ever had an oil change. You hit the gas and you have to wait a few seconds for the motor to actually do anything, take your foot off and it will slow to a crawl before the engine provides any sort of power to accelerate again, so its flat out or nothing, once its running full steam its actually faster than the golf carts, which is terrifying because if youre behind a golf cart and he has to slam on the brakes for any reason youre quite frankly done (a kid was injured this way a couple weeks ago, he was following another kid that didnt know he was behind him, so the guy in the cart hits the brakes, and the kid with the Toro had nowhere to go, he swerves to avoid the cart but he obviously cant stop, he ended up slamming into one of the catch net poles and getting his foot caught between the Toro and the pole.. were amazed he didnt bust his foot.). We tried to change the front tires the other day but the wheel was so effed up we could only get one off.. Brake job? From ehat I heard.. forget it. the key broke the first day i started (wasnt me) so to start it we have a screwdriver. Were trying to get money for anoher one (county fundeed driving range), but until then were stuck with this pile.. I told my boss that I had to run after it the other day and he just laughs.
Last edited by ACeInTheHole on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
  by MBTA1016

If it's funded by the county, u might as well find a new job by the time it greats replaced. If u lose control aim it towards everyone hitting golfballs at u lol.
  by ACeInTheHole

Mbta fan wrote:If it's funded by the county, u might as well find a new job by the time it greats replaced. If u lose control aim it towards everyone hitting golfballs at u lol.
Ha thank good it doesnt do any of the picking, it merely is our ride out to the pickers and brings whatever we pick back with us. Thankfully it has pretty solid engine braking, so if you let your foot off the gas it will stop, but thats just the thing, you have to time it, or youre screwed. I havent hit anything.. Yet.
  by MBTA1016

Yet is the key word lol, how does it feel when driving the pickers people will aim and try hitting u lol?
  by ACeInTheHole

Mbta fan wrote:Yet is the key word lol, how does it feel when driving the pickers people will aim and try hitting u lol?
You get used to the noise.. Occasionally one will make a loud bang and scare you, but nothing too bad, we also use headphones with music when picking so that helps. Theyre pretty boucny though. I picked right after lunch the other day and i ended up feeling pretty sick after from being tossed around.
  by MBTA1016

I can't imagine that's a fun job but at least there's some cage around it so u won't get hurt. They need to make something to chuck golfballs or tennis balls back at em lol

I'll have to report ur boss to OSHA since he didn't care for ur safety when u chased that toro lol :)
  by ACeInTheHole

Mbta fan wrote:I can't imagine that's a fun job but at least there's some cage around it so u won't get hurt. They need to make something to chuck golfballs or tennis balls back at em lol

I'll have to report ur boss to OSHA since he didn't care for ur safety when u chased that toro lol :)
Ha it was more of a joke type thing when he laughed, im sure if something happened to me while I chased it he wouldve cared.. I chose to chase it, i dont mind it lol I would rather deal with that tempermental Toro than a shop rite job any day of the week. I like to get my hands dirty.
  by MBTA1016

Yeah, besides how many jobs allow the vehicle ur in to get pelted by golfballs lol. At least the day is somewhat entertaining to. Never a dull moment for u obviously :)
  by Backshophoss

Believe Monster Garage did a golf ball picker that shoots back!!!! :-D
Check Discovery's DVD site. :-D
  by MBTA1016

I think I actually saw that episode. Definitely an interesting creation. :)