• Strates Circus Train Status in New York

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by RailBus63

The Strates train was arriving at the Fairgrounds when I passed at 8:00 a.m.

by roadster

Train is authorized to 50 mph. The flats have to be on the Westend at Syracuse for their unloading ramp. unloading is done (imagine this) Circus style. 2 cars at a time. A yard job usually handles the switching and unloading. The Mutant express has arrived.

by scharnhorst

roadster wrote:Train is authorized to 50 mph. The flats have to be on the Westend at Syracuse for their unloading ramp. unloading is done (imagine this) Circus style. 2 cars at a time. A yard job usually handles the switching and unloading. The Mutant express has arrived.
Mutants? got that right You have to see them when they walk into the Fairmount Wegmans holy **** you would think the Mexican army was invadeing along with the never will be X-Men! They make 2 trips there I can't rember what day I think its Thersday's? around midnight or so after the fair closes for the night.

by whistler162

scharnhorst wrote:
roadster wrote:Train is authorized to 50 mph. The flats have to be on the Westend at Syracuse for their unloading ramp. unloading is done (imagine this) Circus style. 2 cars at a time. A yard job usually handles the switching and unloading. The Mutant express has arrived.
Mutants? got that right You have to see them when they walk into the Fairmount Wegmans holy **** you would think the Mexican army was invadeing along with the never will be X-Men! They make 2 trips there I can't rember what day I think its Thersday's? around midnight or so after the fair closes for the night.
It was Thursday/Friday AM. They had just arrived in their white bus when I was finishing my shopping/check out. From the comments they may have only been there once last year.

by scharnhorst

whistler162 wrote:
scharnhorst wrote:
It was Thursday/Friday AM. They had just arrived in their white bus when I was finishing my shopping/check out. From the comments they may have only been there once last year.
That would be correct they made one stop Last Summer the girls at the check out were keeped late for the duration of the fair week till we began to wonder what had happened to the carnys. Come to find out they went to Walmart during the rest of the fair week.

by CSX Conductor

Roadster, any idea where the Straits train will head next?
  by SimTrains

Yesterday would have been the last day of the Orange County Fair down in Middletown, and if they play it like last year, the train will not go to Elmira, but will instead go straight to Hamburg. But that's just speculation on my part. Anyway...keep your eyes on the tier, as I would expect the Strates shows real soon in WNY. :-D

July 16 - July 27 / Orange County Fair - Middletown, New York

July 29 - August 3 / Chemung County Fair - Elmira, New York

August 6 - August 17 / Erie County Fair - Hamburg, New York
  by K4Pacific

Per usual, no Strates Train here in Elmira. It should leap frog by here to Hamburg. Chemung County Fair gets the Strates basic ride package. Now there was no Strates by here during my time Monday at CP-Elmira 8:00a - 5:00p.

Can I get a car number from somebody?
  by SimTrains

I can confirm that this year they are traveling with coaches JESX 2 & JESX 3

And flat cars JESX 16 & JESX 36

There are tons more cars, but those are the ones I can confirm from my own pictures this year.
  by K4Pacific

All I show is a release loaded at Middletown on 7/25 at 08:38. Destination Buffalo. So it's still sitting in Middletown. Anyone else?
  by The Man

The train is the same as always with the following cars removed from the train. Flat cars 40, 46, 56, and 57. Passernger cars removed from the train are cars 52 (cut up) and the old PRR obs car #7 removed and sold at Orlando, Fl. Passenger cars added is the new #7 a former LIRR car #2926. Car #4 was reomved and may or may not be added back to the train as it was derailed in CT.

JJ-
  by BSOR Patarak

The train was scheduled to leave Croxston, NJ this am. NS had it scheduled for 24 run time to Buffalo. I'd guess several crew changes before it arrives. Buffalo will taxi the final crew out to the train as it approaches. Best guess is Thursday AM or just after lunch to the BSOR.

Pat
  by K4Pacific

I love your passion! I wonder how that Strates Train will worm it's way through with 205 and 206 in the middle of it tonight? It left Croxton this morning according to another post. Here's my quote "Classified/Restricted History Events" so I got nothing for you anymore. It doesn't say anything about Croxton.
  by K4Pacific

Darn,

That would put it across the Tier in the night just like 205/206. Oh well. That would mean Croxton to Allentown then to Binghamton and west. "Classified/Restricted History Events" is all I got now. Pooh. I can't help you. Anyone else out there?