• Strates Circus Train Status in New York

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by DanD3815

There was an article in the local paper about the train, stating that the train was to be pulling into maybrook at 8:00 this morning. I went out to the grade crossing right after cambell hall train station heading towards maybrook to try and catch the train along with others already there waiting. Much to our dismay, someone came along and notified us that the train actualy came in last night around 11:30. Not a total morning lost, i was able to head over to campbell hall to watch the NS crew do some switching and catch a morning MTA train.
  by izzy1975

Its funny I found this Thread, cause last nite i was Looking at the Walthers HO Scale Bible and found a Strates HO Scale train set. I noticed it had an engine to go with it as well. I was going to post a thread this morning to see if they had there own power, but someone beat me to it with this thread. SO my question is, by looking at the photos above, DO THEY HAVE there own locomotive or is it a lease ordeal. I go to the NYS FAir almost every year. I see all the flats stored behind the fairgrounds but nothing else. Is it stored somewheres else during the NYS Fair. Also generally when do they come in as far as a time frame for the NYS Fair. I used to work for a carnival and I know for a 3 day event it usually took us about 2 days to properly set up the rides. I couldnt imagine the time they need for a 11 day event!
  by Tom Curtin

Strates definitely does NOT have their own locomotives

by SimTrains

Can anybody tell me exactly where the coaches and flats are being stored? I'd like to head down and see them, but I am completely unfamiliar with the area.

Also, what railroad took them from CSX after they headed south from Selkirk? Is it a short line, or maybe the NS??

by Otto Vondrak

They were in Port Jervis on Sunday. I forgot to post. They are in a "side yard" alongside the NJT/MN yard, kinda out of sight.

re

by izzy1975

Does anyone know when they generally arrive for the New York State Fair and where do they store them

by SimTrains

Well, The Erie County Fair ends on August 19th, and the state fair begins August 23rd. Not much time at all to waist. Pat on the Buffalo Southern could tell us best when he delivers the train to the NS to be given to CSX for the short trip east.

Once they are there, the equipment will remain right there behind the fairgrounds, where they unload.
  by CAR_FLOATER

Greetings...

Does anyone have info on the outbound route of the circus train from Maybrook this Monday/Tuesday? I have two friends who will be following via helicopter to coordinate it's movement by truck from Middletown to loading in Maybrook, but the outbound rail move is at this time unknown.
Will it go northwest via NYS&W/NS, southeast via the NYS&W, or southeast via NS/NJT?

Any info is appreciated.

CF
  by K4Pacific

The Chemung County Fair will have the Startes Rides trucked in. I got that confirmed from Mary Reed, Marketing Director of the fair. The train will most likely stay there and come west to get to Erie County in two weeks. Sorry about that.
  by K4Pacific

The Chemung County Fair will have the Strates Rides trucked in from MIddletown. I got that confirmed from Mary Reed, Marketing Director of the fair. The train will most likely stay in Middletown and come west to get to Erie County in two weeks. Sorry about that.
  by K4Pacific

That would be Port Jervis of course. I'm going swimming.
  by SimTrains

K4Pacific wrote:The Chemung County Fair will have the Strates Rides trucked in from MIddletown. I got that confirmed from Mary Reed, Marketing Director of the fair. The train will most likely stay in Middletown and come west to get to Erie County in two weeks. Sorry about that.
The train will be leaving for Hamburg within the next day or two. No stop in Elmira, NY.
  by K4Pacific

Thank you Sim. I think I'll stay on the sidelines.