Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by fl9m2004

115 went west by east Norwalk with 6301 3 cars 129
both where running
  by FL9AC

fl9m2004 wrote:115 went west by east Norwalk with 6301 3 cars 129
both where running
Just because both were running does not mean both were working...115 was towing the mini to Stamford for further evaluation. Also the Danbury mini with the 114 was having issues last night and was yarded in exchange for a maxi set for their last round trip to SoNo.
  by fl9m2004

Now that I recall the lights on the 3 cars was off
  by fl9m2004

Going to be chasing the Waterbury shuttle on way toward Thomaston and return
Either Saturday or Sunday
Any help of engine number would be really much appreaciated
  by Train2009

I found this video on Youtube of #127 and #128 at Grand Central last Monday July 28 with one Shoreliner I car #6117.
http://youtu.be/Nf9H9JiViaY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by Train2009

#128 was at Mount Vernon West yard this morning.
  by runningwithscalpels

111 on Waterbury this evening. Mostly because I felt like posting the picture /shrug.

by fl9m2004

Really nice pic
I plan on chassing the shuttle between Derby-Shelton and Nagatuck enroute to Thomaston
  by Bill D

runningwithscalpels wrote:111 on Waterbury this evening. Mostly because I felt like posting the picture /shrug.
Very nice! What is the location? It appears to be the same as where your avatar picture was taken.

Bill
  by runningwithscalpels

Bill D wrote:
runningwithscalpels wrote:111 on Waterbury this evening. Mostly because I felt like posting the picture /shrug.
Very nice! What is the location? It appears to be the same as where your avatar picture was taken.

Bill
It is indeed the same place.

It's in the woods in Naugatuck State Forest.
  by Train2009

#128 went up the New Haven Line this afternoon as seen in Mamaroneck at around 1:05 PM with a Mini-Bomb set as it was deadheaded to CT from Harmon yard.
  by runningwithscalpels

Did 1st train in and last back on Waterbury yesterday, had 114 both ways.
  by FL9AC

Upper Harlem had the 130+3 yesterday.
  by fl9m2004

Saw 114 still on Waterbury shuttle as of tonight
It stopped by the bluefish game crew gave a good horn from both cab car and 114
It came by twice
1991-1974-1995-1988 was the trains I saw
  by Bill D

This morning passed 114 + mini (Waterbury set) east of Green's Farms. Tracks 1 and 2 were out of service at CP 255, so train was doing its' turn around at CP 248.

Bill