Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by FL9AC

fl9m2004 wrote:Anybody know how these bl20gh's are making out with snow
Not the first snowfall they've seen....fine
  by runningwithscalpels

Funny enough 111 is on it right now...
  by fl9m2004

waterbury is a bus just got an email
Wonder if 127 is acting up or cab car difficulty
  by ACeInTheHole

fl9m2004 wrote:waterbury is a bus just got an email
Wonder if 127 is acting up or cab car difficulty
To beat the dead and buried horse yet again. Not every busititution has to docwith equipment problems. Again.. Perhaps a crew wasnt available or there was no available trainset.
  by lirr42

beanbag wrote:To beat the dead and buried horse yet again. Not every busititution has to docwith [sic] equipment problems. Again.. Perhaps a crew wasnt [sic] available or there was no available trainset.
Except when the alert says "due to mechanical problems".............
  by ACeInTheHole

lirr42 wrote:
beanbag wrote:To beat the dead and buried horse yet again. Not every busititution has to docwith [sic] equipment problems. Again.. Perhaps a crew wasnt [sic] available or there was no available trainset.
Oh, see that changes things, thought he was speculating again. I dont commute on MN so i dont follow their alerts.
  by lirr42

Nor do I, but it would be nice to at least make some effort to verify one's conjecture before shooting from the hip like that....
  by ACeInTheHole

lirr42 wrote:Nor do I, but it would be nice to at least make some effort to verify one's conjecture before shooting from the hip like that....
Point taken. I understand lirr. Not justifying my actions in anyway but he's done that before where he's just speculated.
  by truck6018

lirr42 wrote:
I really don't think they will say that there would be busitution due to a lack of crew and if there was no avalible trainset, it may be because of mechanical issues.
  by runningwithscalpels

In other news: the sky is still blue.

And FWIW 115 was what was on Waterbury last night. So yeah...he really does need to knock off the conjecture before this thread gets locked.
  by RearOfSignal

runningwithscalpels wrote:In other news: the sky is still blue.

And FWIW 115 was what was on Waterbury last night. So yeah...he really does need to knock off the conjecture before this thread gets locked.
I've said this before in these status threads, but is it really necessary to have such a thread? I mean the BL20s are not new anymore, nor are the GP35s. At least we are still get delivery of M8s though. Is the information in these status threads really beneficial or useful to anyone?

If a BL20 brings a mini bomb carrying passengers into GCT that's one thing, but knowing that the 115 went from Brewster to Harmon overnight on a deadhead doesn't seem so thrilling.
  by fl9m2004

Anybody seen 129 or 130 recently
  by ACeInTheHole

Yeah. Just whoever has seen them isnt a member of this site.
  by lirr42

beanbag wrote:Yeah. Just whoever has seen them isnt a member of this site.
If you have nothing nice to say, it's best to say nothing at all ;-)