• Rotem Cars Discussion (new bi-level cars)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by F-line to Dudley via Park

GP40MC1118 wrote:There will be Rotem Extra Saturday out of Readville. Bringing down 5
coaches to Providence for the P&W to take to Davisville. P&W will
bring back 6 coaches. On duty 7AM with the 904 for power.

Going to Davisville: 808,833,836,1801,1806
Coming back: 1804,1810,1817,1819, 1820 & 1824

D
Those ones going out to Davisville are all in active revenue service. Are they having more problems that are going to force more OOS yank-outs for warranty mods? Is that why it's taking forever to get the 12 unaccepteds at BET out of testing and into service?
  by sery2831

The entire fleet is going through the program in RI. Accepted and active cars does not mean they are in trains. Not sure what the hold up on getting the remaining cars in service is.
  by deathtopumpkins

There is currently a set of 5 bilevels and an F40 on track 1 at North Station. Looks like they've planned for the Salem crowds this year. Last year my rush hour train home in an all-flat train set was awful. This year I left early and got a train with 2 bilevels, so hopefully it won't be too bad, and that train of all bilevels should really come in handy!
  by Arlington

So, were the Rotems used for Salem service or a Salem extra for Halloween (last night was presumably the busiest crush)
  by 8th Notch

They were in the aspect of in a mixed set... The south side sent up a set with 6 doubles but they were mixed, not sure if that's what your asking?
  by GP40MC1118

That was a set brought over from the Southside to help run extra Salem service.

D
  by ck4049

It was a mix of Rotem and Kawasaki cars, although most were K cars. Control car was 1713 on one set, not sure if there was more than one South Side set up North.
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Meanwhile...the 13 unaccepteds at BET are entering their third calendar month on the test line. Are those things ever going to get in service?
  by GP40MC1118

I'd be more concerned about the current implosion of locomotive availability that
plagued the tail end of this past week! Talk about the perfect storm and it ain't winter
yet...

D
  by ACeInTheHole

GP40MC1118 wrote:I'd be more concerned about the current implosion of locomotive availability that
plagued the tail end of this past week! Talk about the perfect storm and it ain't winter
yet...

D
Cause of that is easy enough to determine.. About 3/4s of a key locomotive order bottled up in various locations between the P&W and MPI thanks to that defect will do that. They better start getting moving on those repairs because in a bit winter reallt will be here, and the F40s will need help...
  by 8th Notch

ACeInTheHole wrote:
GP40MC1118 wrote:I'd be more concerned about the current implosion of locomotive availability that
yet...

D
Cause of that is easy enough to determine.. About 3/4s of a key locomotive order bottled up in various locations between the P&W and MPI thanks to that defect will do that. They better start getting moving on those repairs because in a bit winter reallt will be here, and the F40s will need help...
The HSP's that are here now in service are suffering from realibility problems, time to revive some of the screamers.
  by ACeInTheHole

8th Notch wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:
yet...

D
The HSP's that are here now in service are suffering from realibility problems, time to revive some of the screamers.
Well, that too. But the gist of it is 30 units of new power bottled up like that regardless is going to hurt you. Reliability aside.
  by GP40MC1118

Sunday 11/16 Rotem Coach Extra

OD 7AM Southampton Street Yard.
Pickup 5 Rotem coaches (827,828,830,831 & 1809) at Readville
and take them to Providence (Lawn) and handover to a P&W extra.

P&W will bring to Seaview/Davisville and return with 6
coaches for the extra to bring to Readville. These coaches are
818, 820, 1805, 1808, 1822 & 1824.

D