• Revisiting The Long Island Rail Road: 1925-1975

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Dave Keller

OK guys . . .. it's getting close!

I just received my author's first copy from Arcadia in the mail and they tell me their distribution date is the week of August 15.

The book looks great, if I say so myself! :wink:

Great cover . . .

Great photos inside . . . .

Terrific double-paged spreads of the Babylon electric yard and Morris Park Shops . . .. . . .

So, if this is sounding good, mail me your orders and I'll get your copies out in the mail once I receive my supply!!

Thanx again to all you great fans who have already sent me your orders! If you haven't done so yet, then whaddaya waitin' for, the 7:14 owdda Manorville? :-D

Dave Keller
  by JKTRR

Will copies be available at the RRMofLI fair in Riverhead 8/27-8/28? (MY B&N does not yet have it in stock....)

by Dave Keller

JKTRR:

NONE of the local bookstores has it in stock as of yet.

It will be available all over sometime during the week of August 15 (next week!!) :-D

I have been in communication with the nice folks at the RMLI and they are, hopefully, making their decision. I had suggested they order some of the books for their Railfest and afterwards, take any extra to stock their wonderful gift shop shelves!

Don't know their decision as of yet.

Again . . . if you'd like to get an inscribed and/or autographed copy, send your order directly to me. (e-mail me at [email protected])

Thanks for your interest!!

Dave Keller

by Dave Keller

Hey Folks!

The books are here!!!!!

Those who have sent advance orders will be getting e-mails from me as their copies go in the mail.

Dave Keller

by thrdkilr

Looks great Oracle! Is that the Valley Stream branch on the cover?

by Dave Keller

Thanks for the compliment!

The cover shot is of a MU train leaving Malverne! It's printed in its entirety inside the book with a caption.

Dave Keller

by CLiner2005

Just received my copy of "Revisiting LIRR 1925-1975." This is a great work and wonderful sequel to Dave and Steve's first book. For guys my age, this is a work of memories still vivid. For the younger folks, it is a great source of the History of the LIRR after 1925. I recommend this book to all who have an interest in the LIRR - both past and present.

by KLCS

I think I just might have to get my hands on a copy. :wink:

Kyle

by mark777

None of the hobby stores or books stores have them yet. I went looking all around this past weekend and haven't been able to find it. Dave, do you sell them personally or do I have to purchase them from a store? Also, if you know where I can get one, please let me know, I have a few co-workers who liked the other one so much that they want me to get them a copy of part 2!

by LIRailfan79

I know i saw a bunch in Book Revue in Huntington (its near the corner of 25a and Rt 110).
its upstairs, under the "Long Island" section (which is right above the cafe, near the couches...you'll see)

by Dave Keller

Mark 777 and all others . . . . . .

BOTH books are available directly from me, and will be autographed (and inscribed if you choose)!!!!!

Contact me off-forum at: [email protected]

Dave Keller

by KLCS

I'm curious,

As I don't have either book yet, if I get the second book, does it contain all the content of the first?

Kyle

by lirrmike

Dave,

You should be getting my MO anyday now. Can't wait to read it!!

Mike

by Dave Keller

KLCS:

I have BOTH books available at this time, autographed and they can be inscribed if you like.

Contact me at: [email protected]

Dave Keller

Lirrmike: Thanx!!!

Dave Keller