Railroad Forums 

• Questions about UP hiring session.

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#131476  by SteelWheels21

See, I don't know if it was desperation on UP's part, at least out here, but they were asking US who wanted to be an engineer, who was interested in dispatching, yardmaster, management, etc....They were very out front in saying that the opportunity existed for any of those paths in a very short time. I never once got the impression that they frowned upon people wanting to progress to other areas. Maybe it's just the sheer number of people they have hired (and are still hiring) and looking at the big picture and ALL the slots that need to be filled eventually.

#132205  by maverick28

Thanks for all of information. I think I will go ahead and apply for a current trainservice position with the UP. Hopefully all goes well.

#132211  by UPRR engineer

Good luck to you buddy.

#139904  by nate

As far as I know, UP looks very favorably on military service and anyone with a CDL and/or large equipment experience.