Railroad Forums 

• Pullman Co Comet 1 cars.

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#935284  by Silverliner II

For my part, running freight, which is all in direct release, the only way we get a brake release is by moving the automatic all the way to the release position. However, all the locomotive brake systems I work with are either conventional 26L, the WABCO EPIC brake, or the Knorr CCB systems, all self-lapping, and all based on the 26/30 handle positions.

The non-self lapping brakes used on most NJT equipment remind me of the old 24RL brake systems, although the 24RL didn't have an EP hold on them, of course....
 #935300  by Jtgshu

Okay Im kinda following you now a litlte bit more Budd, I didn't think of self lapping brakes and nudging that could cause a release.

I like the "old style" non-self lapping brake, I think it gives more precise control. espeically when in "freight" service with stone hoppers, gons, flatcars, etc etc. And its nice when its in LAP and use it as an arm rest, especially a Geep :) you got 2 arm rests! the window and the brake handle!
 #1641677  by Engineer2024

Good evening
I just got promoted to engineer with septa. I'm looking for a metal ps68 brake handle for the sl4s. Can anyone point me to the right direction I haven't been able to find one online. Also I'd love to find the master controller handle that new jersey transit uses with the push button. Thanks