• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Amtk30

Amtk30 wrote:Amtk bus cars 10000 Beech Grove and 10021 Pacific Cape on rear of tonight's CL #30 dp Chgo. CL dp OT.

Amtk30
Meant to say Amtrak bus car -10001- Beech Grove.

BTW, arrival in DC was on time.

Amtk30
  by strench707

Fantastic shots there Bob, thanks for sharing!

Davis
  by CSX Conductor

Private cars Greenwich Harbor & Greenwich Estate should have been on the rear of 67(20) NHV-Was.

Also, the Looney Tunes car was on trains 162 & 169 today.
  by MrBoh

I saw Amtrak catenary inspection car 10002 Corridor Clipper (pantograph lowered) and 10021 Pacific Cape on the northbound Silver Star at New Carrollton on Saturday May 21 at 415 pm. I was on the metro platform waiting for a train when I heard the warning siren from the Amtrak platform to signal a train approaching. It took a while, but I eventually saw the headlights from an HHP-8 slowly creeping northbound on track 2. It was pulling a baggage, 2 viewliners, a diner, 3 or 4 amfleets then I did a double take as I thought I was seeing another heritage diner, but then saw the name Pacific Cape, and behind it was the Corridor Clipper with the pantograph lowered. Not sure why it was going so slow, according to amtrak.com it lost 10 min between Washington and Baltimore. About 5 min after that a northbound Acela came along also on track 2 making good speed, maybe the Silver Star switched to track 1 at Carroll.
  by Gilbert B Norman

From an observation today of #5(23), there were three Sleeper lines in the consist.

The third car, or otherwise most rear, is 32104; this car appeared to have an ARRA '09 rebuild sticker, although it does not appear on Mr. Ainsworth's roster as a "stimulus" rebuild. However, 32014 is so designated so I'll concede the possibility I got road numbers transposed.

I have no idea if this car is in line CHI-DEN, as it has been in the past, or has equipment availability improved to such extent it now operates CHI-EMY. Nevertheless, although the third line is nothing new, to have it start operating prior to Memorial Day is.
  by HBLR

No one got photos of the circus train parked along the Northeast Corridor last week?
  by HBLR

TLM parked at Hudson. Acela power car 2031 is missing a panel & looks like new mirror cover. Been like that for weeks, what happened to it? It was looped recently because I saw it on the "other" side today vs last time I saw it last week. Also this morning I noticed an amcafe car with some kind of antenna setup on the west facing end. Could not determine if it was de-motored metroloner rebuild or the standard amfleet with bracket added. Was a TIGER rebuild badge car.
  by daylight4449

Matt Johnson wrote:
The Metropolitan wrote:Yesterday's S/B Crescent from New York, 19(6), was carrying a Horizon Dinette in place of the Amfleet Lounge car. Heritage Diner was in its rightful place. Witnessed the train heading s/b out of Baltimore yesterday evening.
Got a video of that train at Princeton Junction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LnrQ5cW7A8
What's with the rigging in the middle of the tracks?
  by DutchRailnut

bridge plates to bridge a out of service track.
  by JR4815D2

Pennsylvania Train no. 43 has P42DC no.145 leaving 30th street station.