Railroad Forums 

• Rolling a car downhill

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#302136  by Rockin' Roller

Seen them rolling cars today in Kankakee. Not down hill (this is Illinois) and with no one riding. They just give them a nice easy shove. It must be allowed because there is a warning sign on the pedestrian crossing from the parking lot to the yard office.

#302564  by jg greenwood

Rockin' Roller wrote:Seen them rolling cars today in Kankakee. Not down hill (this is Illinois) and with no one riding. They just give them a nice easy shove. It must be allowed because there is a warning sign on the pedestrian crossing from the parking lot to the yard office.
There's a little more grade here than one would think. From Indian Oaks to the north, and Otto to the south, it's downhill to the river.

#302611  by GOLDEN-ARM

Does this mean, if I hang around K3 long enough, I will get to meet JG?.............. :P

#302965  by jg greenwood

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:Does this mean, if I hang around K3 long enough, I will get to meet JG?.............. :P
Considering how badly Centralia crews are getting hosed, the odds are favorable :(