Railroad Forums 

• New England Central Railroad (NECR)

• For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Their website is here: GWRR.com
    A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Their website is here: GWRR.com
A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
 #1639102  by theGottfather

So to head toward Worcester, are they going via Palmer/CSX for the short haul or still to Willimantic->Worcester-.Providence/Quonset?

Sorry for all the questions as I'm not in Florida but used to live right off the NECR in CT.
 #1639120  by theGottfather

Sorry - wasn't more clear. There's a few ways for them to get to Worcester:

1. Millers Falls to Gardner to Worcester - NECR to B&E to P&W
2. Palmer to Worcester - NECR to CSX to P&W
3. Willimantic to Worcester - NECR to P&W: Willimantic to Plainfield to Worcester

I'm guessing these are all via #3 but the last comment made me question if they were now routing a new way.
 #1639771  by QB 52.32

17 of the 22 miles are on a dedicated freight-only track free of catenary with the other 5 under catenary raised to accommodate fully-enclosed conventional autoracks, all created during a ~2002-2006 taxpayer-funded project for the Providence and Worcester.
 #1641519  by Allouette

Report of a crane stuck under the NECR Bridge St. bridge in Windsor VT. Clearance sign says 10' 6", lower than the clearance on the Cornish-Windsor covered bridge further down Bridge St. (Official clearance is 9' 2" on covered bridge as there are braces on both sides, but center clearance is around 12'). Looks like just the boom of a tree service crane, so likely little to no damage to the bridge itself.
 #1641526  by Allouette

Crane that struck bridge was first of several belonging to the same company that were going to try it. None of the crane truck drivers possessed a CDL, so all of them are getting towed from the scene.
 #1641528  by NHV 669

There's also a sinkhole situation down in Three Rivers, they're having to reinforce the entire bank down to the Quaboag, and the tracks are gone there for the time being. Don't think they've run anything all the way through to Palmer since last Wednesday.
 #1642232  by twropr

Was there a derailment on the NECR April 9 or 10th? If so, what train and where?
I notice Amtrak's Vermonter has not run from St. Albans since the 9th.
Thanks
Andy