Railroad Forums 

• New England Central Railroad (NECR)

• For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Their website is here: GWRR.com
    A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Their website is here: GWRR.com
A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
 #1637813  by Allouette

The southbound freight struck an auto in South Royalton Wednesday morning Jan. 31. The 92-year-old woman was from Massachusetts, and had no known reason for being in South Royalton. The incident is still under investigation by Vermont State Police. www.vnews.com has what little inf there is.
 #1638371  by theGottfather

Is this new business or have they still been sending autos and other mixed freight through the Willimantic gateway recently?

I wonder if this picks up if there's any way to cut distance down by using Millers Falls, MA to Gardner. I know it's owned by the PAS venture but I wonder if they could extend P&W rights to East Deerfield or something to ease interchange.
 #1638372  by NHV 669

Cars are indeed for Davisville via Willimantic. Chatter elsewhere indicates it's short term, like the last moves were a few years ago.

I would guess it's related to the derailment over in Valley Falls, NY blocking the PAS line.
Last edited by NHV 669 on Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #1638668  by theGottfather

Does anyone know if the Gardner gateway is also getting racks from NS/PAS currently? Wondering if CN is making a push to takeover traffic or if this is additional on top of the NS/PAS business. Would be nice to see Quonset Point get a little busier.