Railroad Forums 

• All Aboard Podcast: Why All the Amtrak H8?

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1637287  by electricron

Tadman wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:50 pm You have asserted that there is a "railway union", a "pullman union", that none of the operating personnel are trained to handle customers, that the only good service is on sleeper trains. None of this is true. Zero. There are multiple trade unions and none are known as "railway" or "pullman", a term that has not been used in decades. Operating personnel, especially conductors and assistant conductors, are absolutely trained in customer service.

Again nobody is going to die because the conductor is giving good customer service. This has never happened. This might be the craziest thing we've heard all week.
I did not give the actually name the unions, I used quotation marks to suggest they are members of different unions from historic unions we all can recognize.
And while I hope conductors and assistant conductors are trained in customer service, I certainly do not expect the same level coming as from an attendant expecting me to tip them handsomely. I do not think many coach passengers trouble themselves to tip conductors every 8 to 10 hours they serve on the train.