Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1585493  by Pensyfan19

I'm working on a video which covers little known and obscure facts about the LIRR. Could anyone please provide a few examples, preferably from books about the railroad and not from the Odds and Ends page on trainsarefun? (Since I already read over the info on that website.)
 #1585505  by Kelly&Kelly

How about the former model railroad layout in the basement of Flushing Station?
That's an odd fact.
 #1585508  by eolesen

Most people would already have their obscure trivia in hand before deciding to do a video about it.
 #1585523  by RGlueck

Can you do my homework?

Seriously, have your data prior to starting the project.
 #1585532  by alchemist

Wasn't the MR layout in the basement of the Broadway station? Not that I ever saw it.
 #1585545  by Pensyfan19

RGlueck wrote:Can you do my homework?

Seriously, have your data prior to starting the project.
eolesen wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:23 am Most people would already have their obscure trivia in hand before deciding to do a video about it.
I already have a considerable amount of info regarding the LIRR, some of which from the Odds and Ends page and the Arts Archives. I'm just asking if anyone here could provide a few other points which aren't included in either of those sites, so this 2ay I have more resources.
 #1585549  by Kelly&Kelly

alchemist wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:23 pm Wasn't the MR layout in the basement of the Broadway station? Not that I ever saw it.
Yes. Cocheron Railroad or something like that.
 #1585552  by nyandw

Pensyfan19 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:25 pm I'm working on a video which covers little known and obscure facts about the LIRR. Could anyone please provide a few examples, preferably from books about the railroad and not from the Odds and Ends page on trainsarefun? (Since I already read over the info on that website.)
Have you reviewed my EXTRA page: http://www.trainsarefun.com/lirr/lirrex ... ralist.htm
 #1585593  by ConstanceR46

To be fair, i don't think this is asking the fourm to do his homework moreso than it is asking for personal anecdotes that might not be formally jotted down.