Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Pensyfan19

I'm working on a video which covers little known and obscure facts about the LIRR. Could anyone please provide a few examples, preferably from books about the railroad and not from the Odds and Ends page on trainsarefun? (Since I already read over the info on that website.)
  by Kelly&Kelly

How about the former model railroad layout in the basement of Flushing Station?
That's an odd fact.
  by eolesen

Most people would already have their obscure trivia in hand before deciding to do a video about it.
  by kitchin

The more the merrier.
  by RGlueck

Can you do my homework?

Seriously, have your data prior to starting the project.
  by alchemist

Wasn't the MR layout in the basement of the Broadway station? Not that I ever saw it.
  by Pensyfan19

RGlueck wrote:Can you do my homework?

Seriously, have your data prior to starting the project.
eolesen wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:23 am Most people would already have their obscure trivia in hand before deciding to do a video about it.
I already have a considerable amount of info regarding the LIRR, some of which from the Odds and Ends page and the Arts Archives. I'm just asking if anyone here could provide a few other points which aren't included in either of those sites, so this 2ay I have more resources.
  by Kelly&Kelly

alchemist wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:23 pm Wasn't the MR layout in the basement of the Broadway station? Not that I ever saw it.
Yes. Cocheron Railroad or something like that.
  by nyandw

Pensyfan19 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:25 pm I'm working on a video which covers little known and obscure facts about the LIRR. Could anyone please provide a few examples, preferably from books about the railroad and not from the Odds and Ends page on trainsarefun? (Since I already read over the info on that website.)
Have you reviewed my EXTRA page: http://www.trainsarefun.com/lirr/lirrex ... ralist.htm
  by ConstanceR46

To be fair, i don't think this is asking the fourm to do his homework moreso than it is asking for personal anecdotes that might not be formally jotted down.