Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak On-Time Performance (OTP) Delays Reroutes Annulled

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1462313  by lordsigma12345

Train 54 had service disruption after Randolph yesterday and the southbound departed Montpelier as a starting point 1.5 hours late today. Anyone have any info? I rode the southbound from ESX to SPG yesterday and it was only about 5 minutes late in. And the northbound was arriving into SPG as I was driving down I-91.
 #1462368  by STrRedWolf

dgvrengineer wrote:
chuchubob wrote:
ohioriverrailway wrote:42 (19) was 2'35" late leaving PGH. Any ideas?
42 reportedly had two NS engines leading. Assume motive power problem.
I heard from a passenger that they were bused. Makes sense as NS locos would not have HEP.
Kinda interested... do they bus everyone over to Harrisburg to take the Keystone?
 #1462460  by STrRedWolf

While on MARC 406, I overheard (and went through) a signal issue on the NEC #3 track between WINNANS and BWI Airport station stop. Signals were on Restricted until just south of BWI, when I overheard (conductor had the radio on) "...will continue to get a Restricted signal until 107... wait... signal's clearing up now..."

So if any Amtrak got hit with a 20 minute delay around BWI, there's your reason!
 #1463689  by STrRedWolf

The wind storm going through parts of the NEC now is causing delays and cancelations. Some commuter rail service is also being canceled. MARC canceled all lines. SEPTA seems not to be too affected. NJ Transit is cross-honoring all tickets on it's services.
 #1463699  by deathtopumpkins

Amtrak Temporarily Suspends Service Along the Northeast Corridor and Keystone Service due to Nor’easter
Currently operating trains will continue to nearest station

March 2, 2018
12:45 p.m. ET

Amtrak service has been temporarily suspended between Washington, D.C. and Boston, Mass. due to inclement weather conditions as a result of the Nor’easter. Amtrak Keystone Service is also temporarily suspended until further notice. All trains currently operating along the Northeast Corridor will continue to the nearest station.

Amtrak regrets any inconvenience. This information is correct as of the above time and date. Information is subject to change as conditions warrant.

Anyone can subscribe to automated email or text message notifications if Amtrak trains are behind schedule at specific stations. Notifications can be given for up to six trains and stations by either text or email and delivered when you choose - on a single day, every day, or just certain days of the week. Create a subscription at Amtrak.com/delayalerts.

Passengers with travel plans also can confirm their train's status, change their plans or review refund information using a range of tools – including Amtrak.com, smartphone apps or by calling 800-USA-RAIL. Service Alerts, Passenger Notices and other announcements are posted at Amtrak.com/alerts.

To be notified of service disruptions on the Northeast Corridor (including Acela Express, Northeast Regional and other corridor services), follow @AmtrakNEC on Twitter.
--

At least here in Mass there are signal problems at Tower 1 (from the T's alerts it sounds like flooding resulted in a power outage), and at least one tree down on the NEC.

The last southbound Amtrak out of Boston was the 9:30 regional.
 #1463735  by Gilbert B Norman

"Center to Center All-Weather Service" was the New Haven's motto. I can recall August 1954 "riding out" Cat 3 Carol at Stonington CT in a 36ft sailboat, by 10A Sep 1, the New Haven operated "a WW train" over the road. They had people working through the night to clear the ROW.

"Ain't the same no mo".

P-Road when they lost most all of their G's during a '58 late winter snow somehow muddled through running Diesels to Manhattan Transfer there changing to serviceable electrics.
 #1463802  by SST

This is a week late....On Feb 22nd I took Amtrak 284 from BUF to Penn. On time all the way. 77mph average. But on the way home on Saturday, I took 281. We made good time to Utica, NY but between Canastota, NY and the West end of Dewitt [East Syracuse] we stopped 6 times within roughly 13 miles. We waited on average 15 minutes at each stop. 15 mph between each stop. While waiting, 3 CSX freights came roaring past us eastbound and 1 Amtrak [maybe 284?]. Once we arrived and stopped at the west end of the Dewitt yard, one CSX train crept by eastbound and another CSX freight left the yard westbound a head of us. It seemed once he was cleared of the yard westbound, we then rolled into the SYR station. After that, no delays to Buffalo. 77mph all the way. But those 6 stops in 13 miles added 1.5 hours to the trip.

We did stop at Rome, NY..........30 seconds. Fasted stop I've ever seen. Nobody on, nobody off.