Railroad Forums 

• CSX lines for sale / review

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1459123  by nessman

BR&P wrote:My point exactly - correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only thing CSX has down there now is whatever is in Eastman Business Park or whatever they call Kodak these days, and Folding Box. Give R&S that business and sell them from the Kodak gate down to the Box Shop (IF they want it). North of MP 8, which is out of service, and south of Ridge Road, all the way to Jay Street, can be removed. If there is not a lot of traffic out the former Falls Road, I don't see why they would keep anything up there.
May as well give G&W the entire Falls Rd, Otis, Charlotte "cluster" and see if they have any luck working with the MCIDA to try and market/develop the industrial properties along the way. Probably a long shot - but if nothing happens in 2 years, file with the STB to abandon most of the CSX ROW except for the track to the box shop.

Pretty sad to see that happen - but it is what it is. NY isn't manufacturing friendly.
 #1459153  by Ironman

johnpbarlow wrote:Filed under "Never Mind!":

Article in Friday's Albany Time Union web site: "CSX rules out sale of former Boston & Albany line"

http://m.timesunion.com/business/articl ... 307-tbla-4

Makes sense.
It's not a never mind just because some spokesperson is denying it at this time. In fact, it's pretty obvious this information was leaked prematurely, and was seen by CSX management to possibly do more damage than good to the stock at this time.
 #1459156  by Matt Langworthy

Ironman wrote:
johnpbarlow wrote:Filed under "Never Mind!":

Article in Friday's Albany Time Union web site: "CSX rules out sale of former Boston & Albany line"

http://m.timesunion.com/business/articl ... 307-tbla-4

Makes sense.
It's not a never mind just because some spokesperson is denying it at this time. In fact, it's pretty obvious this information was leaked prematurely, and was seen by CSX management to possibly do more damage than good to the stock at this time.
No, I don't think so. CSX didn't deny the rest of the report. Foamers have been agitating for the sale of the B&A for a few years now. One such idiot on Facebook a few months ago thought the G&W had already bought it. While I do agree the report was probably based on leaked information, it seems likely someone either added in the B&A due to speculation or confusion with no basis in fact.
Last edited by Matt Langworthy on Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1459158  by Matt Langworthy

BR&P wrote:My point exactly - correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only thing CSX has down there now is whatever is in Eastman Business Park or whatever they call Kodak these days, and Folding Box. Give R&S that business and sell them from the Kodak gate down to the Box Shop (IF they want it). North of MP 8, which is out of service, and south of Ridge Road, all the way to Jay Street, can be removed. If there is not a lot of traffic out the former Falls Road, I don't see why they would keep anything up there.
Agreed. The R&S doesn't need two lines into Eastman Business Park. They have a couple of customers on their line already, so that route is likely to survive. No doubt some foamers dream of listening on their scanners to the R&S getting permission to enter the Charlotte Runner but IMO that will never happen.
 #1459868  by BandA

Matt Langworthy wrote:....That's no surprise. Last I knew, the B&A was still hosting about 14-16 trains per day, including intermodal traffic to/from the port at Boston. Those who have flown in or out of Logan Airport can see the containers on the docks nearby. This is exactly the kind of unit traffic CSX wants to keep....
The Conley Terminal is what you see in South Boston, just across the channel from the airport is not railroad served. There have been proposals to connect it to "track 61" and some folks would like to get the trucks off of local roads. There are threads about this and passenger service under New England Railfan, MBTA or CSX.