• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by gregorygrice

DutchRailnut wrote:
CommuterColin0906 wrote:Amtrak Extra with ACS-64 #623, two amfleet cafes, the Corridor Clipper and the American View followed 2160 into BOS today. Expect the same consist to follow 2159 out of BOS tomorrow.
sure its not 632 ?? seems like acceptance run, but 623 has been in service for a while ??
This wasn't a shakedown run it was an actual inspection run for the Chief Engineer
  by jhdeasy

Amtk30 wrote:Saw tail end of GA RR pv at Wash Union Station while boarding 29 this afternoon.

Amtk30
I'm not sure if you saw the GEORGIA 300 or the DEARING. Either car could be visiting Washington for Cherry Blossom season. I know the DEARING is also en-route to Albuquerque to participate in the AAPRCO Texas Special. This is an Amtrak special train of AAPRCO member private cars operating Albuquerque NM - Lubbock TX - Houston TX - San Antonio TX on BNSF and UP, on April 19, 20 and 21.

http://www.aaprco.com/convention/2015mi ... tonio.html
  by jhdeasy

AAPRCO Texas Special (Albuquerque - Lubbock - Houston - San Antonio); April 19-20-21. Cars are listed in alphabetical order:
Amtrak 145
Amtrak 817
BERLIN
BIRCH GROVE
CARITAS
CIMARRON RIVER
DAGNY TAGGART
DEARING
OLIVER HAZARD PERRY
PUGET SOUND
SIERRA HOTEL
SILVER IRIS

Cars added to the consist for the trip from Houston to San Antonio on April 21:
EVELYN A. HENRY
TEXAS & PACIFIC 1
WARREN R. HENRY

Some photos from Albuquerque: http://abqjournal.photoshelter.com/#!/p ... 5Q66uQViFs
  by mtuandrew

Caught P32-8 #514 leading a southbound Regional at ALX. They run out of Gennies at Washington Union Station?

EDIT: might've been the Lynchburg Limited, but I don't have a TT on me. Caught it while passing on the Blue Line.
  by srock1028

Approach, ThirdRail or anyone else, what was tacked onto the rear or A98 (23)? I'm not sure if I've ever seen that car before.
  by Tadman

It wasn't one of these, was it? Looks like that whole cabbage NPCU thing got out of hand...

by EricL

srock1028 wrote:Approach, ThirdRail or anyone else, what was tacked onto the rear or A98 (23)? I'm not sure if I've ever seen that car before.
reported to be DOTX 216, FRA track geometry car.
https://www.google.com/search?q=dotx+216&tbm=isch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tadman wrote:It wasn't one of these, was it? Looks like that whole cabbage NPCU thing got out of hand...
ahahaha, well played, sir.
  by jhdeasy

mtuandrew wrote:Caught P32-8 #514 leading a southbound Regional at ALX. They run out of Gennies at Washington Union Station?

EDIT: might've been the Lynchburg Limited, but I don't have a TT on me. Caught it while passing on the Blue Line.
Locomotive 514 was the second unit on train 19 (24) at ALX. I've seen that unit passing thru ALX on Northeast Regional and long distance trains at other times.

PV Photo opportunities:

BERLIN, DEARING and J. PINCKNEY HENDERSON on train 20 (25) from NOL to WAS. BERLIN may (or may not) run through from WAS to NYP on train 20.

BERLIN and HICKORY CREEK on train 19 (28) from NYP to NOL; return from NOL to NYP on train 20 (04).
  by Train2009

jhdeasy wrote:
mtuandrew wrote:Caught P32-8 #514 leading a southbound Regional at ALX. They run out of Gennies at Washington Union Station?

Locomotive 514 was the second unit on train 19 (24) at ALX. I've seen that unit passing thru ALX on Northeast Regional and long distance trains at other times.

PV Photo opportunities:

BERLIN, DEARING and J. PINCKNEY HENDERSON on train 20 (25) from NOL to WAS. BERLIN may (or may not) run through from WAS to NYP on train 20.

BERLIN and HICKORY CREEK on train 19 (28) from NYP to NOL; return from NOL to NYP on train 20 (04).
The Berlin did went through Penn Station it arrived 3 hours, 21 minutes late in the evening.