Railroad Forums 

• LIRR Before - After Locations Photos

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#944148  by nyandw

nyandw wrote:timz "Everyone agrees the first three pics are about the same spot?"

Look in background of first and third picture: NY City 33rd thru 37th street in background. The 1904 map (posted earlier) shows the pass station as does the 1910 photo at the west end of the tracks at a 90 degree angle. Also check the track configurations: all the same.
Timz: Agree?
 #944412  by timz

Sure-- I just couldn't figure what Doc Emmet Brown was saying "No" to (maybe due to careless reading). If he agrees, everyone does.
 #944420  by Doc Emmet Brown

I said NO to this question..

Head-end View » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Nice photo spread. Is that Long Island City yard shown in the 2004 photo the same as "Yard-A"?

So the correct ans was NO.. they were pictures of LIC Passenger Yard, not Yard A.
Yard A is in a different location.. Careless reading perhaps lolol

However I agree the first 3 photos were LIC..

HUH?
 #944429  by Doc Emmet Brown

Flatbush ave before..dont worry I will not say I worked there then... dont want to get any metro north pups upset lol
and after..

In a way it sort of reminds me of the brookfield zoo here in chicago..
 #1237711  by LB

Looking at a slide from APR 88, it was brick colored. Two photos from FEB 66 and JUN 73 both show it painted white. This should help bracket it down some what.
 #1237798  by No Door Light

I miss the old FBA terminal, it was my home station when I was a little kid. Many great memories of my mom and me taking trips to "out to the island" to visit family. Extra special when a holiday was involved, loved having my nosed pressed against the glass of the RFW on the M1's. Changing for a diesel at Jamaica or Hicksville was like a whole other world!