Railroad Forums 

• The Honorary Nonsense 7277 Sideswipe Where's Cruiser Thread

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1180138  by ACeInTheHole

I think alcohol was a factor in this to be honest, I have been on the stretch of 95 where it happened as I use that route to get my girlfriend, not as far up as where the overpass itself is (my girlfriends exit is before it..) but I can say that if you're thinking clearly that is not something you would think to do, it's bumpy, curvy, there are plenty of overpasses on that stretch of road, he wouldn't have needed to see the one that he hit to know that was coming when he decided to stick his head out the bus.. Also.. if an overpass wasn't going to get him, an exit sign would have.
Last edited by ACeInTheHole on Thu May 02, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1180360  by Silverliner II

lirr42 wrote:The LIRR even has trainsurfers these days: Don't try this at home! on the LIRR Today
Wow! Now, I wonder if he managed to really duck for cover at Kew Gardens.....
 #1180395  by ACeInTheHole

Silverliner II wrote:
lirr42 wrote:The LIRR even has trainsurfers these days: Don't try this at home! on the LIRR Today
Well judging by the fact that his obituary didn't end up in the newspapers I'm pretty sure his ride went okay.. lol

Just saying as an aside from the Rotem thread I find it funny when people capitalize tower names and interlockings in the middle of a sentence.. Sounds like they're shouting the word for no reason.
 #1180411  by Silverliner II

beanbag wrote:
Silverliner II wrote:
Well judging by the fact that his obituary didn't end up in the newspapers I'm pretty sure his ride went okay.. lol

Just saying as an aside from the Rotem thread I find it funny when people capitalize tower names and interlockings in the middle of a sentence.. Sounds like they're shouting the word for no reason.
lol good point... I thought of that after I posted, but then I figured I would just leave it.

Every day, as I pass the MMC as I go through Kearny, I have an unobstructed view of the "still-and-likely-will-be-for-a-long-time-paint-splattered" Comet V 6001. And lately, every time I see it, I keep thinking of this thread for some reason...
 #1180425  by ApproachMedium

Interlockings are capitalized because thats just how they are listed in all railroad publications to keep confusion from whats just another word or place and the official name of an interlocking. When you have things like FAIR, UNION, PENN, ZOO, and DOCK you dont want them being confused with everyday items or places.
 #1183897  by MBTA1016

There hasn't been to much nonsense lately that's notable. Maybe the world is starting to have common sense now.
 #1183923  by TAMR213

Mbta fan wrote:There hasn't been to much nonsense lately that's notable. Maybe the world is starting to have common sense now.
Nope. Here is a video from late April of some Railfan trespassing and acting like a complete idiot at LINCOLN (interlocking ;)). Personally, I don't think I could describe the trespasser any better then the videographer already did. Also, if you read the description, he was apparently arrested, or at least detained (and hopefully fined) by the Police.
 #1184062  by MBTA1016

That's just stupid to lay on those tracks. He's lucky an acela or regional wasnt going by.
 #1184126  by NJT4115

Stupid is as stupid does
 #1184191  by MBTA1016

NJT4115 wrote:Stupid is as stupid does
That describes a lot of people actually.