Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by M1 9147

And the best spot I've photographed along the secondary is the former Clinton Street Station which still has a platform but the building is now the Substation for the Garden City F'D!
  by njtmnrrbuff

I will be photographing at the former Clinton Street Station tomorrow. What time do you think a lot people espeicially the rr.net will be getting there?
  by jayrmli

Just in case they were to go to Hempstead, for the record I've never heard of an elephant getting mugged or pickpocketed. :)
  by NHEP-5

If anyone has info on the movement of the Circus Train today (3/11) and its arrival at the Clinton Avenue crossing in Garden City please let us know. Thanks!
  by Rbts Stn

I for one am still laughing at the DUMBO joke.
  by robertwa

Two years ago the Circus Train came through Nassau Blvd. station about 2:30. I think everyone was expecting it earlier, but it was delayed a bit for one reason or another.

Bob Andersen
  by CNJGeep

NJT's official Facebook page just put up a picture of the train going through Newark on the way to Long Island. Get ready!
  by R36 #9346

About an hour ago, I saw the LIRR power approaching Harold. Currently at Jamaica, waiting for the CT or an eastbound train.
  by Crabman1130

After leaving an appointment I took a ride down to the Mitchel Secondary area. At 2:45 Quentin Blvd was blocked off and Stewart Ave was at a standstill. I could see the train moving on the secondary. having no place to park and not being able to get to Clinton, I turned and went home.
  by R36 #9346

Since my previous post in Jamaica, I managed to catch an the 12:58 eastbound to Garden City. After arriving at the parking lot east of Franklin, it wasn't long before I heard the horns. I quickly set my camera up, and used a second camera to take stills. Afterwards, I walked over to the crossings at Clinton, Quentin Roosevelt, and Selfridge, watching as the train was cut to clear the Selfridge crossing before calling it a day and catching buses going west. On a Jamaica-bound N22X right now.
  by Teutobergerwald

Pulled by the best looking units in the fleet......
  by Shavano

Most of those are the best looking units in the fleet...
  by Ðauntless

My god those engines sound terrible.
  by ChessieDave

Great video but wow those are some rough looking MP15's. Not sure what LIRR is planning to do with their switchers , time for new ones or at least a trip to a paint shop. One question though will the train leave Uniondale the same day as the last show on the 17 or will it leave on the 18 to Bklyn?