Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Backshophoss

The Circus train will be able to move after the rigging crew has stuck the rigging and loaded it on board the train.
It could be in the early am before the am rush,or after the am rush.
  by SwingMan

They would never put this train in before the AM rush, if the train(s) had an issue, service would be disrupted a lot. The move is post-am rush, and they're putting the train(s) together from around 7-8am-on.
  by lirr42

Any news on where they're putting the train?
  by R36 Combine Coach

jayrmli wrote:I have on good authority that after leaving Nassau Coliseum, half of the train will go to Long Island City, the other half to Jersey. I'm not sure if this means that some attractions of the show will not be at Barclays.
Is that still the case or is it heading to Bay Ridge? If the latter, I'll be on the lookout in Boro Park as it passes.
  by LINYARailfan

So if the circus train is scheduled to depart on Monday 3/18 when do the engines come back out to Garden City- Sunday Afternoon?? or really early Monday morning?? Or do they come in in the middle of the night after 12:00AM?? Thanks
  by Backshophoss

It will depend on when the circus says they are ready to move,the lite engine might happen early mon am,
if the train haeds to Bay Ridge,figure on a quick stop at Jay to pick up NY+A pilot crew
(Note: NY+A uses GCOR as their rule book on the lines they control.)
  by M1 9147

Best bet is look for motive power to head out Monday Morning at the 0700 hour or so! Train will not be assembled until about 0900-1000! Remember, the Circus won't end until Sunday, and they need time to bring all their equipment, and live stock back into the consist never the less the time it will require to put the whole 59 car train back together!
  by R36 Combine Coach

I contacted NYA via phone about the circus train and the reply is that they have no info of any plans to run to Bay Ridge.
  by LINYARailfan

Was at Clinton Road earlier and no engines spotted on the GCS. Any info on when the crew is scheduled to bring the engines out to Garden City from Morris Park?
  by Backshophoss

NOT YET,however,anytime after am rush,routing still unknown west of Jamaica. :(
  by LINYARailfan

Also too when the train departs the Garden Mitchell is the train running in two sections or as one 59 car consist minus the chase unit?
  by REM3Night

See you guys tomorrow. I went by around 9:30 tonight and I was told that the animals were being trucked to Brooklyn. Most likely 2 trains leaving after the last peak train (as usual).
  by RandomRailfan

Got stuck at the Garden City crossing at about 10:22 today, saw the Circus Train passing.
  by SwingMan

Two sections as predicted, seperated by an hour.