Railroad Forums 

• Port Reading Yard Operations and Vicinity

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1628134  by Bracdude181

BC Rail doesn’t really come up that often? This is the first one I’ve seen ive here since the BC Rail heritage unit was in Port Newark. CN is somewhat common. The one in front is an SD70M-2.

As to it being junk? Well, weirdly it ran fine through Wernersville PA yesterday but slowed down and was smoking like hell through Phillipsburg. In general though I’ve noticed these GEs are usually junkers. I just find this one interesting. Has the Canadian safety cab and an uncommon paint job.
 #1628136  by Kaback9

They have shown up in the past but yes I suppose not that common. Will continue getting rarer as they are painted in CN or retired.

Honestly man you're describing any locomotive.
 #1628152  by AceMacSD

Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:14 am BC Rail doesn’t really come up that often? This is the first one I’ve seen ive here since the BC Rail heritage unit was in Port Newark. CN is somewhat common. The one in front is an SD70M-2.

As to it being junk? Well, weirdly it ran fine through Wernersville PA yesterday but slowed down and was smoking like hell through Phillipsburg. In general though I’ve noticed these GEs are usually junkers. I just find this one interesting. Has the Canadian safety cab and an uncommon paint job.
I didn't realize you were running that train from PA. Were you the one who left the windows open and the lights on now the cab's full of bugs?

Two of those red/white/blue engines came through within the last several weeks unless it's the same one. Saw one at OI other on the GS both with CSX power.
 #1628153  by AceMacSD

Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:13 pm Ooooooooooookay

JR4 came out of the yard with NS 4535 and NS 9660 and about 10-15 ish plastics cars and took them up north. Never seen anything like that before…
It's called railroading and it's done on a daily basis. Most likely storage cars for Bayway moved for track work.
 #1628155  by Bracdude181

Are you sure your not thinking about another engine? I see no evidence that this BC Rail or another BC Rail has been at North Jersey at any point within the past month and a half. Plus there would’ve been a heads up if an engine like this was coming into the area as anything odd like this gets the railfans talking.