Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by BigDell

Painting 'em up in heritage colors might do the trick. I think that puppy would look just fine in LV red and black or either Brunswick green or Tuscan red with gold pinstripes

BEST SUGGESTION I'VE HEARD IN AGES!
Or even CNJ green with a couple gold stripes and the Statue of Liberty emblem..... MAN! That'd be great...
Anything but the disco stripes... ;-D
BigDell

by nick11a

^Dream on folks. Haha.

by BigDell

nick11a wrote:^Dream on folks. Haha.
So, Young Nick, what you're saying is I'm not going to get my fireman's seat ride in the cab of one of these things painted in full CNJ regalia speeding down to the Jersey Shore???
;-D

Actually, I am curious to see the first ones rolled out.
BigDell

(yes, my avatar has disco stripes....! :-)

by thebigc

I like the heritage idea. We have the potential to cover just about all the CR predecessor roads, right? And if the West Trenton line and Susquehanna service ever get off the ground, then we've got all of them. Even PRSL. But do we HAVE to do a PC unit???

And after 25 years of disco stripes, NJT is due for a new image.

by nick11a

BigDell wrote:
nick11a wrote:^Dream on folks. Haha.
So, Young Nick, what you're saying is I'm not going to get my fireman's seat ride in the cab of one of these things painted in full CNJ regalia speeding down to the Jersey Shore???
;-D

Actually, I am curious to see the first ones rolled out.
BigDell

(yes, my avatar has disco stripes....! :-)
Wish you could BigDell. Hell, wish I could! :-D A heritage idea is really a cool idea though, must admit.

by njt4172

Give me a unit in EL G/M/Y anyday! :-) But come on guys, aren't we all dreaming???

Steve

by atlpete

As curious as I am to see the finished product, I do not look forward to the inevitable demise of all those great Hood's and Cowls bombing down the corridor for Bayhead, or the Boonton line, or RV. Especially the GP's. I can wait, it may be old hat for some of you, but I can't get enough of it. And sure as your born they'll the deck the newbies out in some derivation of Goofy Grape/Injun Orange. If MN can paint FL and ACs in McGinnis throwback, why the heck can't we get some Tuscan pinstripes on these things, or yeah- CNJ liberty and stripes, really!

by DutchRailnut

MNCR did NOT paint any engines in McGinnis, the engines you refere to are owned by ConnDot and their official color is the McGinnis scheme.

by Irish Chieftain

njt4172 wrote:Give me a unit in EL G/M/Y anyday! :-) But come on guys, aren't we all dreaming?
There's always paintshop.railfan.net for that sort of stuff...those with artistic bent, get to work... :-)

by nick11a

ABCD: Any news on the paint-jobs and the preliminary deliveries? Seems like a bunch of them have been built already by now. I am really looking forward to them.

by dave76

Cover up the front of the unit and looks like an F40 down the rear.

by ABCD

ABCD: Any news on the paint-jobs and the preliminary deliveries? Seems like a bunch of them have been built already by now. I am really looking forward to them.
Not to much news yet other than I think 21 of them have been started whcih satisfies EPA requirements. The last I have heard on painting is we are waiting for the loco to come back from Pueblo to make any changes that may be needed. From what I understand testing is still going well, I am curious as to what is taking so long though..

I will keep you all posted when I find out more.

by nick11a

Thanks for the update ABCD as usual. It is better off not to rush it and make sure things are OK than to leap into even the least bit of uncertainty.

by Zeke

I heard today several NJ Transit officials are heading out to the AAR test track in Colorado early next week to make final arrangements and operate / ride the unit at speed. I guess after that we can possibly look for it to return to Hornell. ABCD are there two units in Colorado or just one ?

by ABCD

ABCD are there two units in Colorado or just one ?

Yes to the best of my knowledge both are there.