Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by doepack

F40CFan wrote:
MetraBNSF wrote:Some of the destination curtains have been modified. I don't know when the modifications took place but here's what I've seen:

Green Line: "Harlem/Lake" now simply says "Harlem". "Cottage Grove/63rd" (white curtain, green lettering) now reads "Cottage Grove"
Red Line: "95th/Dan Ryan" now reads "95th"
Blue Line: "UIC/Halsted" (blue curtain, white lettering) now reads "UIC" (white curtain, blue lettering). This one has been around a little while.
I noticed the "95th" change myself. I didn't realize there were others. Do the curtains wear out so fast that they have to be replaced often or is the CTA now so flush with cash that they can get new ones on a whim?
Honestly, I don't know why they did this, it was actually more consistent before. I can understand changing "East 63rd" to "Cottage Grove 63rd", but they could have left the rest as it was. None of the station names have officially changed to correspond to the updated signage, so what's the point?
  by F40CFan

doepack wrote:None of the station names have officially changed to correspond to the updated signage, so what's the point?
They're idiots? :wink: