• Odd announcement on-board a Montauk train

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Lirr168

n2qhvRMLI wrote:Forum Members,

I'll try to get a definitive answer Friday night. But from the sounds of it, dinner (hamburgers) had been picked up and brought aboard by one of the crew who ran up town before departure. Come on back and get it while it's hot! Whatever happened to getting some beans????

de Don, n2qhvRMLI
Thanks for taking the time to try and find out. I thought that it might be food or something, but 2 things made me re-think that: it was pretty late at night and the announcement was made after the 3rd (4th?) stop. My original theory was that a supervisor had boarded the train becuase after that annoucement the crew began station announcements, which they had not been doing up to that point.

by badneighbor

HEY !!! That was MY answer !!!

by emfinite

Hmm, did Cartman from South Park happen to be on that train making announcements? And was Skippy the Chimp the engineer? Did you have a sightseeing tour passing the WH Block Limit? A very small world indeed :wink: You should ride more often!

Joe

by Fla East Coast Chris

HMMM Sightseeing at WH block limit...
Where was I that that night..
Shirttail Charlies or Pomapno South.
And the beat goes on.......... ladadedadeda.. And the beat goes on.....
Chris

by Lirr168

emfinite wrote:Hmm, did Cartman from South Park happen to be on that train making announcements? And was Skippy the Chimp the engineer? Did you have a sightseeing tour passing the WH Block Limit? A very small world indeed :wink: You should ride more often!

Joe
Joe, at what stop did you get on?

I'd love to know how many times I've crossed paths with one you guys on the trains and never known it; I know for a fact I crossed paths with some of you guys down in LIC when the circus train came in, I just wouldn't have known who any of you were. That ride on the Montauk train was fun though.

-Kyle

by Long Island 7285

And shall i guess who that was making thoes announcements?

by Silverliner II

I guess I need to start doing railfan rides on the LIRR. To date, the Hempstead Branch is the only line I've ever ridden (NYP to Hempstead and return). Montauk is next on my list, just for that entertainment, LOL!