• NYC in the Hudson Valley - POSTER

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Otto Vondrak

Here is the latest updated drawing:

http://www.tsny.com/otto/nyc-hv-2.gif

I just noticed I left Cornwall, NY off the map- where the NYO&W met the NYC. I'll correct that.

-otto-

by ChiefTroll

<< I believe both B&A and Hudson Div started at SM (east end of Castleton Bridge).

>> Right. SM was a Mohawk Division interlocking. Post Road to SM was B&A, and Stuyvesant Jct (SS90) to SM was Hudson Division.

<< Also, the Albany Branch between SK tower and Kenwood Jct was always River Div. territory so technically it should be red, Otto.

>> It was West Shore and River Division until the end of River Division passenger service ca. 1958 when it was transferred to the Mohawk-St. Lawrence Division.

<< And while we're on it, the line between Kenwood Jct and Albany Depot had always been D&H RR on which River Div had trackage rights.

>> Right. Kenwood Jct (KN) was a D&H tower. The original trackage rights from KN to Albany were granted to the New York, West Shore and Buffalo RR. Trackage rights from Albany to Watervliet Jct and Troy were granted to the New York Central and Hudson River RR.

by Otto Vondrak

so I'm clear: I should indicate Stuyvessant to Shodack Jct. as Hudson Division? If that's it, I'm going to send this puppy to print!

-otto-

by LCJ

Yes -- SM tower (now CP SM) was located at the east end of the Castleton Bridge. Everything beyond that point was non-Mohawk. I guess you're calling SM "Schodack Jct." (Make sure you add the 'c.')
ChiefTroll wrote:Right. SM was a Mohawk Division interlocking. Post Road to SM was B&A, and Stuyvesant Jct (SS90) to SM was Hudson Division.

by LCJ

Well, first off, you're posting in the wrong forum. The only thing close to being remotely relevent to New York Central is the Rutland pass.

As far as value goes, things like this are worth about what you're able to get someone to pay for them. If you need an appraisal, I would recommend going to a professional in this field. You won't get a good appraisal here.

They're great pieces. I would consider grouping them in a frame much as they are shown on the web -- maybe with mat around each of them. They look to be in great shape.

If you want to sell them, I would say ebay would be an excellent outlet, and most likely to get you a decent price. But unless you need the cash, I wouldn't even consider selling them.
  by vicjillson

Thankx LCJ, I noticed you are in St George, strange since I'm in Layton...but anywhy, what Forumn should I post this in? I really am not looking to sell them. However it is a thought.