• *New* LIRR HO Scale Models-M1s and GP38s

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Richard Glueck

The Walthers FA is alright, considering you're lucky to have it at all! I just rebuilt an FA of my own and still need to weather it. I have mine painted in the original platinum and blue stripe scheme, numbered for 618. In my opinion, while they wre filthy in that scheme, they never looked better when outshopped. After the 244 massacres, when the Detroit Diesels were installed, the headlights and grills were seriously altered, so the headlight extension doesn't look too bad. At least it still has the grill. If I could think of how to include the image in this format, I'd upload my finished FA1 pictures. Now I need paltinum and blue stripe coaches, as well as a dummy ALCO diesel for the other end.

by Ken S.

Long Island 7285 wrote:Ken,I agree with you, we need passenger cars,

I contacted Athearn and they said that minimum order is around 500 peices and to make a P72 mold is $100,000.00 so unless we can get enough order to make that kind of green then our hope is going to be low or to pay a high price for a kit that needs work and is not RTR witch for its high price should be.
I picked up a custom-painted Athearn HW coach a few years ago at a train show. My first idea for cars to go with these locomotives uses the Walthers Horizon cars as stand-ins for the coaches.

by LIRRNOVA55

Here is Richards FA. . .looks great if i do say so myself!!

by Mike@IHP

DutchRailnut wrote:
Ken S. wrote:Imperial Hobby is making shells for M1's and selling them for $45. Mike from IHP can tell you more.
You mean Mike has been prommising M1 shells, SPV shells, M2 shells etc.
I have been waiting several years now.
And STILL waiting for you, Jaap, while the M-1s from IR and IHP come and go. Lots of other stuff from IHP in the last year alone. But no orders for anything yet from you have I seen, young Jedi. Who is blowing smoke up whose a** now, Jaap? I've done my part; where have you been?

I waited years to see who wanted SPVs. No one wanted them. I dropped them. Why should I spend money making something no one will buy? Answer me that. M-2s are coming from IR, so I decided to put my money into other projects. It's not like there's a shortage of commuter models to do.

Hey everyone, guess what: IHP's M-1s and IR's M-1s are both copied from the same brass model, so if you buy both, there will be continuity in your trains. IHP M-1 shells offer you the opportunity to do M-1s on a lower budget, provided you don't mind finding your own floors, power trucks, etc. and doing some of your own work. Plus, we're not limiting our M-1 production to a fixed number of sets, so we can offer them anytime anyone wants them. M-1 shells are in stock now, in fact, for immediate shipment.

Mike Bartel
IHP
http://ihphobby.tripod.com