• *New* LIRR HO Scale Models-M1s and GP38s

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by LIRRNOVA55

in stock at walthers. . been seein them on ebay to.

by Long Island 7285

Willis has the LIRR B6b baggage cars and the LIRR geeps
Does any one know when Trainland will be getting them, aparently they seem clueless about when deleivries come in and some seem clue less when you ask for a proto 2000 gp38-2 in lirr paint.

i really dont feel like paying willis more money for something i can get nearly 30 bucks cheeper at trainland. any word would be apricated.

by mainline

I had ordered both road numbers. I received the 271 yesterday from Train World. I will probably call to make sure they are also sending me the 257. Nice job on the paint. Good luck!

by John 61

Was at 3 Guys Hobbies in Smithtown and they have LIRR # 271 on display. It came out really nice but I can't believe that the truck sideframes and fuel tank are painted in dark blue.

by AmtrakPhill629

you have to contact Trainworld, Trainworld will recieve any new items first and then they send it to trainland.

by mainline

I just received 257 tonight so both #'s are at Trainworld.

by Long Island 7285

ok so when is lynbrook getting them now that bklyn has them both?

by John 61

Good idea. I'll paint my own. Something just doesn't look right about that model.

by Dave Keller

From the point of view of a no-longer-serious modeler, the Walther unit is nice, but its the wrong shade of blue.

That's why is just doesn't look quite right overall, not picking on the smaller details such as horns, etc.

A darker blue, such as Metro North Ryder's is more realistic.

Again, though . . . . I remember when I was modeling back in the mide-late 1960s there was NOTHING LIRR. If you wanted something LIRR you either scratch-built it, or repainted something that was similar. You couldn't even find proper decals!!!

Either way, it got you close but did not get you the cigar!

Dave Keller

by alcoAL

The blue is definitely not right. And the white band on the side looks too narrow. I also noticed that the windshields and top of the nose look more like an F7/9. Or is it just the angle of the photo?

metro north ryder, your models are right on! Nice job.

by Ken S.

alcoAL wrote:The blue is definitely not right. And the white band on the side looks too narrow. I also noticed that the windshields and top of the nose look more like an F7/9. Or is it just the angle of the photo?

metro north ryder, your models are right on! Nice job.
The Walthers FA is based upon the old Train Miniature molds. The Trainline collection is basically Walthers lower-priced line since the locomotives are used in thier trainsets. Now if we can get them to make some passenger cars to go with it.

by Long Island 7285

Ken,I agree with you, we need passenger cars,

I contacted Athearn and they said that minimum order is around 500 peices and to make a P72 mold is $100,000.00 so unless we can get enough order to make that kind of green then our hope is going to be low or to pay a high price for a kit that needs work and is not RTR witch for its high price should be.

by LIRRNOVA55

is it me or does the headlight lense seem to stick out a little far?