Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by ConstanceR46

161 was the LIC switcher on thurs. Of interest is the cab sides have been given the same repaint as 150, however the rest of the unit still shows a rainbow of rust.
  by LINYARailfan

168 was the Jamaica Protect as of yesterday 6/15.
Today 6/16 at 11:10am 163 was seen in Mineola headed up the Oyster Bay Branch on the CE or YPD crew?
And later that day at around 3:30pm 158 and 153 on the RF1 headed from Fresh Pond with ten gondolas and twelve ballast hoppers on the Hempstead Branch to the Garden City Secondary. Both looked horrible in paint.
  by Bad Luck

This was a result of the 161 receiving the PTC retrofit but also being needed out on the road ASAP.
  by Backshophoss

150 seen in a Youtube vid pulling M-9's at Fresh Pond.that new "empire scheme" paint job is already starting to "wash away",
some white paint is starting to show thru the "empire blue". :P :P :P
  by Train2009

LINYARailfan wrote:168 was the Jamaica Protect as of yesterday 6/15.
Today 6/16 at 11:10am 163 was seen in Mineola headed up the Oyster Bay Branch on the CE or YPD crew?
And later that day at around 3:30pm 158 and 153 on the RF1 headed from Fresh Pond with ten gondolas and twelve ballast hoppers on the Hempstead Branch to the Garden City Secondary. Both looked horrible in paint.
#163 went to Oyster Bay to picked up a 5 car C3 set with #404 which had train #6507 to be cancelled due to equipment trouble. The light move of #163 was seen this morning in Queens Village following train #6504 and for the westbound trip it went by at around 1:25 PM this afternoon in between trains #6611 and #8051.

#158 and #153 went by westbound at 11:13 AM from Belmont Park at the same location which I was at today.

In a other note, #152 went to Hillside light as seen this AM at 9:06 AM as it was coming from Morris Park.
  by Bad Luck

Say goodbye to the three 1500s that called the west yard in Port Jefferson their home.
  by LINYARailfan

Bad Luck wrote:Say goodbye to the three 1500s that called the west yard in Port Jefferson their home.
Are they going to be scrapped on site or shipped out to frontier metals in Ohio?
  by Backshophoss

That trio could be trade in fodder for tier IV locos.
  by C-LINER 2001

#152 visited Patchogue today.
  by Train2009

#164 was the Jamaica Protect today, at 12:52 PM this afternoon #161 was towing a C3 cab car westbound to Richmond Hill as it went past Queens Village.
  by newkirk

Bad Luck wrote:Say goodbye to the three 1500s that called the west yard in Port Jefferson their home.
Two weekends ago, I was on a Ronkonkoma train approaching Hicksville.

I believe I saw some 1500's parked on the Lilco siding where the gondolas and boggies used to occupy.

Are these the 1500's you were talking about ?
  by Bad Luck

newkirk wrote:
Two weekends ago, I was on a Ronkonkoma train approaching Hicksville.

I believe I saw some 1500's parked on the Lilco siding where the gondolas and boggies used to occupy.

Are these the 1500's you were talking about ?
That's correct. They were moved from Port Jefferson to the Hicksville Cripple Track in one shot, then over to old LILCO.
  by Teutobergerwald

Anybody know why the 162, 169 & 170 were moved from the Port Jefferson yard to the Hicksville LIPA spur? Less prone to vandalism? And any word as to their fate- scrapping or rebuild ?
  by LINYARailfan

Teutobergerwald wrote:Anybody know why the 162, 169 & 170 were moved from the Port Jefferson yard to the Hicksville LIPA spur? Less prone to vandalism? And any word as to their fate- scrapping or rebuild ?
I highly doubt that the 162, 169 and 170 are going to be rebuilt. I think they are going to be scrapped