Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Noel Weaver

Both states are probably guilty of this problem, especially Connecticut which has not put up enough funds for necessary repairs to the bridges, tracks, signals and overhead wires and this goes back a long, long time. The unpleasant result is what we have been witnessing the last several months or so. The years, years and years of deferred maintenance is catching up here and I suspect it will be a while before things really get better. I would be the first to admit that things are better than they were years ago but they have a long way to go to make them really right. I'll bet it will be many years before they finally have four good tracks between Devon and Woodlawn.
Noel Weaver
  by runningwithscalpels

NH2060 wrote:Well guess who's not happy.. again..
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/11/26/ ... ow-orders/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Did nobody in the media get the memo that he resigned?
  by truck6018

Has he ever been anything other than "not happy". It just that he hasn't been heard in a while to stir the pot.