Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Insideman

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:
piker wrote:What a great idea! Take the brand new locomotive and the irreplaceable commuter equipment for a ride in the country. What could possibly go wrong?
It'll be a rare opportunity to get a close railfan view of 010's trucks when it's sitting on its side in a ditch.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  by DutchRailnut

I have not heard a thing about this.
  by runningwithscalpels

I still won't totally buy this until I hear people saying they saw the stuff on the shoreline :P
  by Clean Cab

The move is set to run. Most likely the MBTA consist will be towed by P&W all the way. The train's routing is Worcester, Plainfield, New Haven, South Norwalk and Danbury. I guess that means they'll be a run around in South Norwalk Station.
  by kitn1mcc

i wonder when its gonna be on the shoreline
  by Clean Cab

The latest word is the train was rerouted across the B&A to go from Worcester to Pittsfield, then to Canaan. The word I get is CSX originally did not want to handle the move, thus the routing via the Shoreline. So at this hour, it looks like it will not be on MN territory after all.
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Clean Cab wrote:The latest word is the train was rerouted across the B&A to go from Worcester to Pittsfield, then to Canaan. The word I get is CSX originally did not want to handle the move, thus the routing via the Shoreline. So at this hour, it looks like it will not be on MN territory after all.
Well, no...not if it derails in Lenox, MA first. It's no guarantee the consist is even going to cross state lines. :wink:
  by Trainer

Clean Cab wrote:The latest word is the train was rerouted across the B&A to go from Worcester to Pittsfield, then to Canaan. The word I get is CSX originally did not want to handle the move, thus the routing via the Shoreline. So at this hour, it looks like it will not be on MN territory after all.
Oh, too bad. I live down the street from the Danbury station and was looking forward to taking pictures of it going past the passengers on the platform or somehow navigating the switch to HRR territory. That MBTA purple really stands out.
  by Travelsonic

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:
Well, no...not if it derails in Lenox, MA first. It's no guarantee the consist is even going to cross state lines. :wink:
How bad has it gotten?
  by runningwithscalpels

Haven't all of Housy's recent derailments been on the trackage they actually own in MA?
  by Backshophoss

You're right, the recent derailments on HRRC have been in Ma.
Might be at class 1 excepted track level by now.(IT'S BAD!! :( )
  by Clean Cab

The train is in Canaan and will be operated as an inspection train today and tomorrow. Hopefully at a very slow speed!!
  by DutchRailnut

two cars and engine 010