• M3/M7 Track 7/8 Make inpact at Jamaica

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Frank

DutchRailnut wrote:Correct frank the M-7 is 128 000 or 10 000 lesss than a M2 B car
Why are the M2's heavier than an M7?

by DutchRailnut

That would be a question for the MNCR forum Frank.

by MACTRAXX

Frank and Dutch: The M2 is literally a substation on wheels with all the electrical gear. Dutch would agree on that. MACTRAXX

by mark777

The latest rumor that has been passed around is that the M-3 is most likely not going to be repairable, but the M-7's will be fixed in due time, obviously with a very serious price tag. as I said in an earlier post, while the steel body did not suffer significant damage, the electrical components of the undercarriage were damaged as well as some truck components. Gathering by the amount of time the two M-7's that were damaged at Hempstead last year are taking, these 4 cars will be out for some time. Yes, there are also more rumors as to what happend and what the engineers role was in all of this, but unless it is made public in the media, I strongly suggest that it be exempt from this forum until we truly hear of the actual findings, and out of respect for the engineer himself. He is still human like all of us, and I never heard of a RR ever being free of incidents or accidents for it's enitre existance. Accidents on the LIRR let alone on any RR may be rare, but they still can occur.