Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by LIRRcustoms.com

Restocked the MU Muscle Tee shirts in both navy blue and dark heather grey colors with light grey ink. Also got some hooded sweatshirts made up with the MU design. They look SHARP! Check them out @ http://www.lirrcustoms.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Publius Plunkett

Are these shirts limited edition?
  by Liquidcamphor

I was given one of these shirts as a gift. Beautiful shirts and very unique. I would like to purchase some as gifts for my grandchildren.
  by Kelly&Kelly

Are these shirts NARP approved for use on fantrips?

One member was asking about one that has "CERTIFIED RAILFAN" on the back, so those who have completed the vigorous NARP testing can be recognized in public and on these trips.
  by Slippy

Not to hijack this thread but what does NARP training consist of? Would it entail one rail fanning in a blizzard at Mineola? Or the ability to clear the masses of people at photo ops by yelling at them on fan trips because they're in your picture?

I purchased a few more items recently and am very happy with the quality and how fast they ship.
  by Kelly&Kelly

NARP has the only nationwide certification program for railfans. Along with vigorous on-line training, the Association oversees the converted railfan registry, with which railroads often consult when making hiring decisions. In this age of counter-terrorism and its effects on transportation systems, the Certified Railfan designation sheds credibility upon bonafide railfans, distancing them from those bent on harm or simply effecting Asperger symptoms.
  by Slippy

I read with great interest your enlightening answer in my search for NARP accreditation. Which leads me to pose another question to a distinguished member of this forum and subject of this thread - LIRRCUSTOMS.COM.

To the proprietor of LIRRCUSTOMS.com, are you or have you ever been a genuine, "NARP," certified railfan? If you are not, you are perpetuating a fraud upon the well established railfan community in this country and abroad. I challenge you to prove your credentials as a NARP certified railfan.
  by workextra

Before this gets off topic, May I ask where did NARP see link http://www.narprail.org get involved in someone selling railroad themed gear?
And what's a "certified railfan" never see one yet. Just because your a member of the NRHS or railroad museum don't Make your a certified railfan.
Maybe the FRA, Dept. Of Home Land Security should look into free line side survaliance by "certifying" railfans.
Enough.

The appeal being offered by LIRRCUSTOMES has nice designes and is being offered in good taste. I wonder what other cool stuff comes down the pike.

If you don't care for a shirt and need to comment state so respectfully then refrain from continued posting in the topic.
  by Liquidcamphor

Some of our forum members are having a little fun. Let's just try to keep the thread on topic. Does this company offer apparel for other railroads?
  by Jeff Smith

They also have MNRR shirts as well.
  by Kelly&Kelly

Can we see what the Metro-North shirts look like? Do they mention the New Haven or New York Central? One guy in the office loves the New Haven!
  by Publius Plunkett

I found this design on the site and it's beautiful! I don't work for MN but the shirts and hoodies are so nice I have to have one. Can you tell me the alloy composition of the zipper metal? I am terrified of lead. Is there lead in the zipper? I hope there isn't lead in the zipper!

http://lirr-customs.myshopify.com/produ ... r-pullover