Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Long Island 7285

Since were talking about the end of PD and Train orders to speonk, why not make the LAST train to run east on the old 251 system have a reserved car with a photo shoot at PD secheduled in the run for that day. make it public. and jsut reserve the last car for thes wishing to ride as a special trip and give a carbon copy of the last order from PD as a bonus too all whom participated in the privite car. I think that that is the best that the LIRR can do.

by RPM2Night

I'd be willing to go out to PD on the last day 251 is in effect out there along with the group. I doubt we'll be able to get the LIRR to assist us much. What we'll probably end up having to do is take an earlier train out to Montauk, eat lunch out there, and then take a train back to PD scheduled to arrive before the official LAST train to accept 251 authority...that way we'd be there in positions to photograph the occasion, and then we could just take the next scheduled train back west.

Do we have the specific day yet?

by Lirr168

RPM2Night wrote:Do we have the specific day yet?
Tentative date is May 6th, but take that with a grain of salt. Remember that the 'tentative date' for ESA was 2010, and we see how well that is going.

by Long Island 7285

I hope its that long, Lets hope that I becomes inservice on PDs 100yr of service :-D.

As for my fan trip Idea I feel as though this "fare well to PD and manual block to Speonk will really not cost the LIRR much at all, unless they decide to provide food for us at speonk or montauk witch can be recooped in the fare if you you issue "special reserved seat" tickets.

Not being a DxxK Im just suggusting this be done or ran by some one in the movement beauro. and fine out realistic costs and measures that this will impliy with PD being a photo shoot? and the time scheduled into that trains run? is this at all "possible"

by Lirr168

Long Island 7285 wrote:unless they decide to provide food for us at speonk or montauk
LMFAO, I think there are better odds of the LIRR giving me #168 as a birthday gift.

by RPM2Night

Like I said, I think it is partially possible. I still don't think the LIRR would take any part in our celebration of PD...but if we take a scheduled regular train out there and a scheduled regular train back, we would all be able to see them hoop depending on how long we want to stand around there.

by Long Island 7285

Thats the only way well get it, just take charge of one car of the train and say we are makeing it our fan trip car for the day, ride to montauk and back to PD get the last train getting orders and then head west.

Is there any one able to find out if the LIRR would get involved in this, through group travles or something like that? Seriously it would not cost the LIRR any more money, make a complemetey timetabel for the day a caption about PD and some photos then run us on a regular train to patchouge and so on. can some one in the know asnwer legitly why this cannot be done. .this does not seem impossible nor is it involving a special charter.