Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Mr Met

emfinite are you going to post these on www.train-sim.com

by JoeLIRR

From what I under stans Joe Can't Post the NYA Geep on train-sim. but he may be able to send it to you. talk to him about that.

Joe,

I gota say that geep came out great. and it works fine.
if you need any assistance in aliasing files leme know.

by Mr Met

so is any one going to try to make a M-7 or a lirr route

by emfinite

Mr Met,

Constructing 3D models from scratch takes LOTS of time and effort. A person doing a 3D model that is not already in a database somewhere on the internet is not probable. The work that Joe and I do are just repaints of current models, they are not built from scratch. A person has to have a vast knowledge of 3D computer programs to build a model from the ground up. I do hear that someone on the Train-sim.com forum is attempting to build an M7.

When a model is repainted like I did to the 261, permission has to be granted from the original copyright owner. In this case, it is Dekosoft Trains. That model cannot be posted on Train-sim.com or anywhere else for that matter without permission from Dekosoft. If I did in fact upload the 261 to their database without first asking, I could get in legal trouble.

Hope that answers your questions.

Joe

by Mr Met

alcoc420 are you going to post the lirr port jeff route on train-sim.com

by alcoc420

Mr. Met:
I just got hi speed internet access a few weeks ago. That should make it technically feasible to upload the file. I just want to check out the legalities inasmuch as much of the scenery is from so many sources other than Microsoft.

I loaned a copy to the Kings Park Heritage Museum. They seemed excited to play the sim even though the streets and half the trees were missing. I want to make sure that they are not missing from the copy I send to Train-Sim. If you want a beta to check, please email me at [email protected].

Meanwhile, I'll check the legalities and missing scenery this weekend.

by LIRR04

Does anyone have a DE30AC / DM30AC or the new Kawasaki Bi-level C-3 for MSTS?

by JoeLIRR

In the process of trying to have some one that modled the chineese dubble deck cars to edit their .s and .ace files because its relitivy close to what I would need to make the C1's

the biggest prob is that the .s file needs to be edited to look exatly like a C1 inwitch it dont, tho there is also 1 more minor problem that will be adrssed if that person can get back to me.